Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2011 04:00

Dell Dimension E521 - please help! urgent

Hi, Im val and i have a friend which he have a dell dimension e521 and i recently formated the said computer and installed a O.S (windows 7) and seems everthing find.  Device manager are all correct (no question mark) but when he wanted to use the smartbro (USB-broadband stick) he cant go online.. the broadband stick is connect to pc and internet but he cant browse at all? anyone can help me? Do you think i need to update the chipet? where i can download driver for windows 7? do you think the ethernet problem?

16 Posts

December 19th, 2011 05:00

and one more question. where i can download e521 ethernet download for windows 7 ultimate

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 19th, 2011 06:00

The Dell downloads for the E521 are   HERE

Dell supports Vista and the Vista drivers will work in Win 7. 

If you are using a USB Wi-Fi adapter you don't need the Ethernet.  However, there are 32 bit OS Ethernet drivers, if you want to use wired connection,  listed for the Broadcom and they will also work in 64 bit.

16 Posts

December 19th, 2011 07:00

yup, im using usb wi-fi stick. When every time i try to connect the device, the device will be connected on internet but can't browse anything.  What particular device/driver i should download or update on the pc? How about the chipset?

16 Posts

December 19th, 2011 08:00

How come the Driver of BIOS inside is C521? www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats in www.dell.com/.../DriversHome

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

December 20th, 2011 10:00

and one more question. where i can download e521 ethernet download for windows 7 ultimate

If you have another Internet connection (like Wi-fi), the correct driver can sometimes be installed by right-clicking the device in Device Manager and selecting "Update Driver."

That worked this last weekend for the onboard audio of a Dell Dimension 2350, which Dell doesn't support for Windows 7.
No Events found!