Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 14th, 2011 13:00

Dell Factory Image Restore

So my Dell Inspiron 1545 recently had a problem where it went into a self repairing loop. I could not fix it, and being fed up with this I reinstalled windows 7. However I have notice a few changes from my old desktop, ( i never really had anything on the computer except documents so I didnt change appearance) anyway there used to be a dock on the side of my screen that had grouped the internet and other programs, and when I pressed any of the "F" buttons a little image used to appear to know I pressed it.  Needless to say I miss all those items I once had, That they were already put together when I received the laptop and I remembered when I hastily reinstalled windows that i remember seeing a Dell Factory Image Restore...  which for some dumb reason I do not know why I did not try.... now I tried going back, but it has disappeared. Is there anyway I can get it back?

The discs Dell has sent me with the computer are the OS disc, Application Disc, and the Drivers and Utilities Disc .

can anyone help?

Thank you

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 14th, 2011 13:00

First, you've posted your Laptop problem in the Desktop section.  There is a separate section for Laptops. 

Many Dell's have a recovery partition on the hard drive that allows reinstalling back to the original factory setup and no discs are required.  If the PC was delivered with XP it's CTRL/F11 at power on.  If it was delivered with Vista or Windows 7 it's F8 at power on.

There is also a specific installation sequence for a Manual reinstall/

HERE is the Dell reinstall instructions.

No Events found!