Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2014 23:00

Dell Inspiron 3847 BOD Crash

Brand new Dell getting BOD crashes. The Dell Blue Screen Troubleshooter says it's a USB 3.0 Driver problem. This has occurred multiple times. Bug Check Code: 0x0000008F Bug Check Paramerters: 0x000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800DDB8BF0, 0xFFFFF80000B0C3D8, 0xFFFFFA800E089010 Driver: C:\windows\system32\drivers\iusb3hub.sys Version: 2.5.0.19 I have nothing attached to the USB 3.0 ports. Running Windows 7. Has anyone had similar problems? Any solutions?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 12th, 2014 00:00

Hi CWH530,

It seems like the USB 3 drivers are not installed correctly. I would suggest you to BIOS, Chipset and USB 3.0 drivers on the system in sequence. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section, chipset and USB 3.0 driver from chipset section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please reply us with findings.

2 Posts

July 13th, 2014 11:00

BIOS was up to date, so it did not reinstall. Chipset and USB drivers reinstalled. Did not fix the problem. Continue getting BSOD errors several times a day. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE is the Blue Screen message, still points to iusb3hub.sys driver. One minidump analyzer program says: "Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time." It references ntoskrnnl.exe module as the probable cause.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2014 12:00

If this is Windows 8, see if there's a fix about half way down the page here, that may not require you to completely reinstall Windows. I would back up personal files on external media first and then manually set a system restore point, just to be safe.

Since you have to start in Safe Mode to try that fix, read this from Microsoft for an easier way to boot in safe mode rather than the method on the page with the driver power state fix.

After you reboot at the end of this potential fix, you'll need to reinstall the latest USB3 drivers again.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 22nd, 2014 12:00

Hi CWH530,

Sorry for the delayed response as I was on leave for sometime. The operating system seems to be corrupt. I would advise you to backup the data and reinstall Windows.

No Events found!