I recently purchased a dell Inspiron one 2305 none touch from dell. It is a nice looking computer and fairly speedy but I experienced something really annoying. When this computer goes into sleep mode ( Either automatically or manually ) I can never wake it up by click mouse, typing any keys on keyboard or press power button which is normally showing orange color and blinking slowly. I am wondering if this is hardware design issue or bug from windows 7(never happened on my customized pcs, very interesting.). I had to unplug my computer then plug it back in every time. Do we have a solution for this issue? I had to set up "put computer to sleep option to NONE" and keep telling my friends do not put my computer to sleep and what to do if they accidentally hit the sleep. I have been using dell computers for years, do not tell me down dell tech support.
I am so happy I stumbled upon your post.. I have been trying since Christmas to figure that out. I just went through my settings and changed it, so fingers crossed..I am hoping this works. I am leaving this page up on my screen so when I wake up I can post if I was able to "wake" my computer without having to manually turn it off and then back on. I am so excited now! Thank you again!!
Just put my system into Sleep Mode last night and how I cant get it to boot. It sounds like the hard drive is being accessed but the screen is black. Mouse and Keyboard activity have done nothing. Removed all items from computer. Then removed power cord. Held power button for 30 seconds and restored power. Again it sounds like system is starting but the screen is black! I have had this system repaired and major boards replaced several times; including the inverter board. It was working fine till I put it into sleep mode. Any suggestions to get this fine quality system running?
You will have to change the power management settings of the keyboard and mouse so that it wakes up your computer from sleep. Please follow the steps mentioned below to enable a feature "Allow this device to wake the computer"
1. Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and in the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
2. When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘keyboards’ and ‘Mice and other pointing device’.
3. Click on the arrow mark beside ‘keyboards’ and ‘Mice and other pointing device’.
3. Right click on the keyboard and mouse installed on your computer.
4. There you should find the ‘Power management’. Where you will be able to setup "Allow this device to wake the computer"
5. Click on ‘Ok’ and restart the computer to check for the issue.
Please let me know if this helps.
The power management option is not available for the wireless keyboard and mouse that comes with this model, so this solution is inapplicable.
Thanks for your effort though. This is a frustrating problem that makes me regret ever buying this machine.