Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2017 16:00

Dell Inspiron One (all in one tower monitor with touch screen) finishes POST but won't boot up

As title reads. I believe it's still on Windows 10. On start up from powered off it gives me f2 (set up) and f12 (boot up). I've tried everything possible. It won't boot up to desktop. I just want to restore it to factory settings but can't. I've let it sit an it just does the POST load and turns black then restarts back to the POST (dell logo and load bar) over and over again. Please help! Email me at also to help me

1.3K Posts

January 18th, 2017 09:00

The Windows operating system is tied to the Dell BIOS through the UEFI or EFI system BIOS on Win 8 and newer Dell computers. When the operating system Master Boot Record becomes corrupt, the computer will boot loop trying to start and can not self recover because it can not get to the Windows recovery screen.

Assuming you can get to the Dell BIOS screen F2 (set up) and or F12 (boot up) without any issues, that suggests there is no system hardware failure.

The failure is with the Windows Operating System.

To be absolutely truthful, even the Dell technicians USB recovery boot drive is not all that helpful at recovering files. The only thing it is good for is reloading the Windows Operating System with a new key so you do not have to purchase a new copy of Windows all over again.

I would say at this point your only option is to boot from a Genuine Windows Install disc or drive to attempt recovery from there.

No Events found!