Highlighted
Monoke
Copper

Dell Inspiron Tower Beeping at Start-Up

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 (The large one) that has recently started having trouble. Whenever I try to turn it on, the tower begins beeping. I have been trying to look up what the seqence means, but I am not sure which one it is...the beeps sound like Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep, each beep solid and the whole series lasting about 2-3 seconds. I replaced the internal battery on the motherboard, and nothing seems loose...so I just don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fireberd
Diamond

Re: Dell Inspiron Tower Beeping at Start-Up

That could be a memory problem.  First shot, reseat the memory modules (with the PC powered off, unplug each memory module, one at a time then reinstall making sure the module is fully seated).  If that doesn't help, remove all the memory modules except one and try and if still has a problem, try the other memory module.  If it's not memory. without the exact beep sequence (and any diagnostic light pattern) we can't really offer an "educated" guess.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives.  Studio One 3 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell SE2717HR 27" Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
shesagordie
Diamond

Re: Dell Inspiron Tower Beeping at Start-Up

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 (The large one) that has recently started having trouble. Whenever I try to turn it on, the tower begins beeping. I have been trying to look up what the seqence means, but I am not sure which one it is...the beeps sound like Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep, each beep solid and the whole series lasting about 2-3 seconds. I replaced the internal battery on the motherboard, and nothing seems loose...so I just don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated!

Monoke

The Inspiron 530 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Codes are HERE.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos