Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 25th, 2012 11:00

Dell Optiplex 760

I'm sure there has been post already out there for this same topic. Here's what I want to do. I want to max out this dell optiplex with everything it can handle. It def~ needs a new motherboard. I ended up purchasing this computer from online auction for $15.00. I'm willing to spend some cash on this thing to make it a good computer possible turn it over for profit. Here's all the info that I know about this computer. 

Service Tag : [Admin Note: Service tag removed per TOU] 

DP/N : 0G214D   << Located on the motherboard its a little white sticker around the 3v circle battery. 

Any Suggestions & Help is greatly appreciated. 

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Hi Charlesc09,

What form factor? Can you provide the system specs (CPU, RAM, HDD, etc.)? What operating system did it come with?

7 Posts

The motherboard is actually shot on this thing it will not boot up to bios or anything so I need to pickup one of those but as I was looking around on the web there are different types for this specific model so I will need help for that so I don't purchase the wrong one.

7 Posts

CPU that was installed was Intel Core 2 Duo  1.86 GHZ  RAM it had 1 slot w/ 2GB installed  the motherboard actually had 3 extra spots for ram just only had 1 stick of 2gb no hard drive so I ordered a 1TB and on top of the case it had Windows Vista Business Installed.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 25th, 2012 17:00

Again, the form factor would be....?

7 Posts

December 25th, 2012 17:00

what I can gather throughout google is it is a Mini Tower  << assuming that is form factor  Also really sole purpose behind me posting all of this was to determine what I would need and keep me from purchasing something that is not compatible thank you for replying back.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 26th, 2012 04:00

Here is the technical guidebook for this system. Because the Optiplex machines are built for businesses, they don't tend to vary the hardware much. Although there may be different versions of the motherboard, they all have the same chipset and integrated components and should all support your CPU, RAM, add-on cards, etc. As long as you get an Optiplex 760 motherboard, you should be good to go. The technical guide will help you specify the correct upgrades.

No Events found!