Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 5th, 2017 01:00

Dell XPS 9360 not registered on website

Hi there, I am having slight problems with the new laptop I purchased on Thursday 8.12.2016. Basically, it has not yet been registered on dell's system, meaning my manufacturer warranty is not active. I have tried to check the warranty status of the laptop so many times on the website but whenever I enter the service tag I get the following message: "There's no match for that Service Tag, Express Service code, or Serial Number. Please try again or browse for your product. New devices may need 48 hours to register on our site." Additionally, I have called dell's support team, and they said that without my machine being registered, they cannot do much, and I should keep on waiting. As you may notice the 48 hours have passed. I really don't understand how this whole registration works without me doing anything, and I am not sure if this is a hardware/software issue so I will be really thankful if you could help me out.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 5th, 2017 06:00

Go to the site and Register your unit.
http://www.dell.com/register

It can take 15 business days for a registration to be accepted.

9 Posts

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I have already done that about a month ago. When I enter my service tag in the form field, and click submit I get a message stating that the laptop has already been registered.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

You should have received a confirmation email directly from dell.

This forum is not direct interaction with dell support.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 5th, 2017 07:00

Retailers routinely re wrap systems that people bring back and sell again as new. (they are NOT supposed to be doing that.... however)   The problem with this is that this gives you no way of knowing who that was.  You will have to get Dell and the retailer to work this out.  I would also keep a clean copy of your receipt from the retailer.

9 Posts

January 5th, 2017 07:00

I see. I don't have an email from them. Can it be the case that the retailer I bought the laptop from has registered the laptop, and now I need to transfer ownership? Even if this is true, the ownership transfer form asks for the service tag, and it still comes as invalid. I know this is forum is for users to contact with users and you cannot help me a lot, but what you suggest I do. It is kind of strange situation.

No Events found!