Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2010 15:00

Dell dimension 9100 audio via CD tracks not playing

For some reason, probably something I did wrong, neither my hp nor my sony cd/dvd writers seem to see cd music file sizes or the files sizes on a cd via the "My Computer" listing.  The players do see data files though. I can only open the cd (which says 0 used, 0 remains via my computer screen) when I insert the cd and select explore.  The contained music tracks then appear.   If I select play, the microsoft media player opens and then closes.  This happens on either recorder.  I have written music to each via both ez cd creator 10 and adobe audition 3 and the music will play on a stand alone CD player.  Older recordings on CD also do not show via my computer nor play with the player in windows. Same for comercial audio CD's  If I explore, the track files are there but will not play.  I can get them into Adobe and edit them and play them in the editor but not as a cd file. (meaning my audio is ok)  The audio system will play music I receive in wav format via email though or with music I recorded and have stored in files.  If I extract  a cdr file into adobe audition, and put it into edit, it plays ok, sop it is not my sound system but has something to do with recognition of a CD file.  Any ideas???

Bill Shenefelt

< ADMIN NOTE : Email id removed per privacy policy >

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 31st, 2010 16:00

What you are seeing with the my computer seems to be correct.  The CD shows 0 bytes used and remain just as you see.  If I look at a music CD (not an MP3 CD) I see each track listed as a 1K file.

Why they will not play is the actual issue.  Whether the Windows Media Player is corrupted or a codec file is missing???  Download and install the free "K lite" codec pack  HERE   as a first step and see if that fixes it.

No Events found!