Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2013 20:00

Desktop date and time not properly sycnhronize

Alienware x51(BIOS A12)

Bought last year with windows 7 64bit pre-installed. Recently upgrade to windows 8 pro 64-bit OS. All system driver ok but windows time not sync properly after I shut down the computer. I change the time zone and and update with the internet time setting from windows.

It sycn properly before I shut down, after that when I open the computer the time seems to continue last session that I used. If I turn off for 5 min, the time will be a bit late for 5 minutes. If I turn off for an hour, it will late for I hour. All drivers already update from dell website support.

I noticed the changed of power button. When turned of the plug power after shut down and open it back, the shut down button at the casing seems to turn on automatically but I have to presses it again to turn on the computer. It annoys me to have update the time every time I used the pc.

Azriq

3.3K Posts

April 25th, 2013 22:00

Hi Azriq,

Check the date and time in BIOS. Restart the computer and tap F2 on Dell logo.

Under” Advanced” select “Standard CMOS features”. Now check for the date and time.

Also, check if Windows Time Service is disabled. If yes enable it and set it to Automatic:

• Open Run prompt.
  • Type "services.msc".
  • Navigate to Windows Time.
  • right click.
  • Select Properties and change Startup to Automatic.

Try manually starting Windows Time Service:

• Open Run prompt .
  • Type "services.msc".
  • Navigate to Windows Time right click and click Start.

For more information regarding the Date and time synchronization, refer the following link:

http://bit.ly/ZS9OIV

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

April 26th, 2013 02:00

Ok. problem solved.

Just reset defaults the BIOS setup configuration.

But from services.msc the Windows Time is set to manual (trigger start).

Now the time is sync and don't want to mess with the default setting. Is it ok with that?

Anyway thanks for the help :)

3.3K Posts

April 30th, 2013 05:00

Hi Azriq,

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. I recommend not to change the settings.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!