Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 30th, 2012 15:00

Dimension 2400 driver for Multimedia Audio Controller?

I have a Dimension 2400 which required a new HDD.  I have been able to find all of the chipset drivers except the Multimedia Audio Controller.  The device information in my XP Pro System Manager lists it as:     PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_01601028&REV_01\3&172E68DD&D&FD  Any idea where I can get a driver.  The Tag Number is

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 30th, 2012 16:00

Hi sawdustjohn,

Did you check downloads? Here is the driver for the integrated audio, but if you have an add-on audio card, you need to check for the specific drivers.

I assume you're in the process of reinstalling the OS and drivers. Just remember to install the chipset drivers first.

May 1st, 2012 03:00

Thanks Osprey,

I had been searching all over the Dell download website for a couple of days and could not locate this driver.  I searched using the tag number and also by model number, but this particular driver did not show up on my "radar".  Thanks for the assistance (BTW, the support web site states that an operating system must be installed before the drivers -- which is the way that I did it).

sawdustjohn

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 1st, 2012 10:00

Glad to help. Sounds like you're on your way.

63 Posts

May 4th, 2012 14:00

I have a Dimension 2400 which required a new HDD

XP Pro System Manager lists it as:     PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5

That is great that you detailed the VEN and DEV number for the device that you are looking to install, as well as the OS.

This device is descrbed as "Intel 82801 DB DBM/DA AC 97 Audio Controller".  It is the integrated audio card in the Dimension 2400.

The appropiate driver for Windows XP for this device can be found here:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=K4JGP&FileId=2731107785

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 6th, 2012 06:00

Hi e.r.a,

Thanks for adding your post, but the correct driver was already provided. Since you're new here, you may not have noticed that the post was already marked as a verified solution.

63 Posts

May 6th, 2012 08:00

Hi e.r.a,

Thanks for adding your post, but the correct driver was already provided. Since you're new here, you may not have noticed that the post was already marked as a verified solution.

Hi osprey4,

Nice job answering this person's question.  My post was delayed from appearing in the thread because for some reason the forum has chosen to review it prior to public publication.  This sometimes happens within a couple of hours and other time in a few days.  But I am curious why you have never posted a similar the similar observation about some of regulars that do indeed post answers after an answer was already accepted.  Seems like the regulars here feel that this a closed club here where 'rockstars' think they are the only ones with something positive to contribute.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 6th, 2012 14:00

I made the suggestion since you're relatively new to the forum. By all means, I welcome your participation. As for me, I generally stay out of threads where others are already helping the thread originator. But I hear what you're saying.

No Events found!