Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SO

October 4th, 2005 22:00

Dimension 4600 + SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio = NO SOUND

For no known reason, my Windoze XP Pro Dimension 4600 lost it's sound. Ran all the "troubleshooters" from Dell...worthless. Did 3 different "chat sessions" with tech "support"... all of whom told me to do the same thing....basically worthless also. Sent email, along with my rather lengthy case number with all of my "chat" sessions information, and was told to do the same thing that the chats told me to do. Uninstall and re-install the drivers (from the drivers CD and downloaded. So...while I anxiously await the response back from my email message to some other country, I thought I'd drop in here, and see if anyone in the real world, has any suggestions. The only thing that has been done is another Windows XP update, no other software, etc., etc. HELP! HELP!

Error messages: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) AND Error Code: 1B22:06LB

1Gb RAM, Pentium 4 2.8Ghz

Message Edited by Steve -Ohio on 10-04-2005 07:21 PM

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 5th, 2005 09:00

You may have to reload the Dell chipset drivers and then the drivers for the sound. 

This is apparently not what you want to hear, but would be my suggestion.

October 5th, 2005 09:00

I've already done that, but thanks for responding. Tech "Support" suggests that my sound board needs to be replaced.:smileysurprised:

October 5th, 2005 17:00

Last time I checked my "Integrated Digital Sound" was not a board, but a chip!!!:smileymad:

October 5th, 2005 22:00

Service Tag: 244MH31

Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP2

DirectX Version: 9.0

Driver Provider: Analog Devices

Driver Date:   2/28/2003

Driver Version:  5.12.1.3555

Digital Signer:  Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 5th, 2005 22:00

Service Tag Number?
OS Version and Patch Level?
Directx Version?

October 9th, 2005 13:00

Dell has decided to replace my entire motherboard, under warranty. Is there anything that I need to do, prior to the service tech showing up to do the swap?

October 10th, 2005 21:00

Dell Service came out today and replaced my motherboard. The Service Technician said that he could not get the sound to work and he believes that I have an IRQ conflict and I must re-install Windows XP Professional.

Before I do that I thought I'd check back here to see if anyone has any other ideas that I could try before taking that drastic step.

TIA  
No Events found!