Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

August 28th, 2004 06:00

Dimension 4600 front audio connector question

I built a computer and the motherboard of my dreams just happened to be from a Dell Dimension 4600, and Intel built OEM model 865VP.  This motherboard does not correspond to any retail motherboards that Intel sells in respect to the connector I am asking about.  I searched Google and even called Dell support (but since I didn't buy it from them they wouldn't help) to no avail.  The connector is marked J9C2 and is on the side opposite the processor.  I have a nice case that has connectors for mic and headphones on the front and I would love to use this connector without going the route of having a wiring mess in the back in which I had a wire that went to the audio out and another that went to the mic and another that went to a jack for the audio out.

I need to know what order the connections are on the pins.  I have a wire chart for the front audio on the case and if I just knew the pins on the motherboard, it would help greatly.

Thanks in Advance

Reed

2 Posts

December 31st, 2010 03:00

flarogue,

Do you still have the pinout for this connector (j9c2)? I've just fitted a new mother board to the 4600 chassis and need to adapt this connector to a 9 pin audio connector on the new mobo. If you could post me it or point me to somewhere that has it I would be most grateful.

TWK

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 31st, 2010 05:00

You should have started a new thread, not bring up a very old thread and add to it.  That's not how we do it on this forum.

But, the Dell front panel connector is a proprietary and undocumented connector.  Dell has never published anything on their custom/proprietary connectors.

2 Posts

December 31st, 2010 09:00

No biggie. I can prolly work it out anyhow. Cheers.

TWK

No Events found!