Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 17th, 2012 04:00

Dimension 5000 Help BIOS Update

Hello, Everyone at Dell forums

My dell dimension 5000 BIOS is at A04 and I want to update it to A07

The problem is my service tag is:  . If i fill that in on the dell site I don't see anything anymore like all drivers and support is gone for my Dell Dimension 5000's service tag (I can still find it if i search my system manually on the dell site).

My questions is will the bios update (see link) work on my system I found it searching for my dell system manually (so without my service tag)

Thanks In advance

I found the update at http://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/D5000A07.EXE

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 17th, 2012 05:00

First, edit your post and remove the service tag number.  That is considered personal data and forbidden on the forum. 

That is the correct download

However, this statement is on the Download:.

Level of Importance:Optional

Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.           

You should determine if what the download fixes or updates is applicable to your system.  If nothing applies to your specific PC, there is no need to install it.  In addition a BIOS update is a very critical step.  If there is a problem or power failure while doing the BIOS update and the BIOS is corrupted the ONLY option is to replace the motherboard, there is no recovery for a failed update.   "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

No Events found!