Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 25th, 2008 00:00

Dimension E521 - takes 10 minutes to load onto windows

It takes 10 minutes to boot up to my windows vista on my Dimension E521. My computer stays on the screen that has the dell logo for about 5 minutes before it moves on, and then it still takes another 5 minutes for me to even log into my User name. I updated my BIOS from the support.dell.com however it still did not fix the problem and takes forever to load, does anyone know how to fix this problem? I even tried restoring my computer to a earlier time when i didn't have this problem but that still didn't.  Also when my computer is stuck on the DELL Logo screen the 2, 3 and 4 are light up on the desktop. 

If anyone can help i'd appreciate it greatly!

Thanks to anyone who can help me!  

Message Edited by spotty1223 on 03-24-2008 08:29 PM

5.8K Posts

March 25th, 2008 02:00

That code is:

A possible USB failure has occurred.

Reinstall all USB devices, check cable connections, and then restart the computer.

Some machines hang trying to boot from USB devices, including those that are not bootable.  I would try disconnecting USB devices except keyboard and mouse and see if that helps.

Peter 

March 25th, 2008 21:00

Yea, that did help actually, sloved my problem and now my computer boots up normally! Thanks so much for your help! (Didn't realize it was so simple)

5.8K Posts

March 25th, 2008 22:00

Glad you got it working.  Thanks for reporting that you solved the problem.

Peter 

No Events found!