Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

December 11th, 2007 21:00

Does Realtek Audio Have a Digital Output?

I recently purchased an Inspiron 531s and am trying to use it with Boston Acoustics BA735 speakers. These are DIGITAL speakers and thus require a digital output from the sound card. Despite a lot of searching, I cannot find out if the Realtek audio device in the 531s is capable of driving these speakers and, if so, how to enable it.

Can anyone tell me if the Realtek audio is capable of driving digital speakers? If so, how do I enable it?

Running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thanks for the help.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 12th, 2007 10:00

The old Gateway BA735 digital speakers are not compatible with current digital standards.  Although your PC does not have a digital output, if it did the BA735's would still not be compatible.  You will have to purchase new speakers. 

This is a frequently asked question and the BA735's apparently were a popular option.  I guess I'm lucky as I bought the BA 745 speakers with my Gateway and they are standard analog speakers and I was able to use them with my new Dell.

7 Posts

December 12th, 2007 13:00

Thanks for the response fireberd. Sounds like it is time for a visit to Fry's for some new speakers.
No Events found!