Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

September 1st, 2006 07:00

Drive in frozen state Optiplex GX620

How to remove permanently the frozen state status in BIOS for optiplex GX620 ???
Cause everytime i boot with a live cd ( like system rescue cd ) i can't access HDD ( with cfdisk ).

Please help.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

September 5th, 2006 18:00

Check to see if there is a "legacy" or "compatable" mode for the IDE/SATA.
SATA doesnt work with Ghost and other Items until that happens.

1 Message

September 12th, 2006 21:00

>>How to remove permanently the frozen state status in BIOS for optiplex GX620 ???
Cause everytime i boot with a live cd ( like system rescue cd ) i can't access HDD ( with cfdisk ).<<

Change the SATA Operation from Normal to Combination by doing the following steps:

1)      Boot the Machine

2)      Press F2 (before the progress bar completes)

3)      Use the Up/Down Arrows on keyboard to select the Drives node

4)      Press Enter on keyboard to expand the Drives node

5)      Use the Up/Down Arrows on keyboard to select the SATA Operation node

6)      Press Enter on the keyboard to make changes to the SATA Operation

7)      Use the Left/Right Arrows on the keyboard to select Combination

8)      Press Enter on the keyboard to choose the Combination setting

9)      Press Esc on the keyboard

10)  Use the Left/Right Arrows on the keyboard to select Exit

11)  Press Enter on the keyboard

December 14th, 2012 06:00

Yes, that got me into safe mode at least,  hopefully I can do something with it from there!  Thanks   My first couple of attempts at doing something from safe mode have turned out the same though so far,  a couple seconds on the desktop and then back to the welcome screen.   But I have hope now!

December 14th, 2012 06:00

That got me to safe mode,  but it doesn't  seem to matter which operation I try in safe mode,  it either doesn't actually go there at all,  just through the same desktop to welcome screen cycle,  or it appears to be going there for a minute,  then reverts back to the same old thing as before again.  Some of the safe mode operations have me ending up at a welcome screen that offers both "user" and "administrator",  but either choice works out the same.

December 14th, 2012 09:00

for some reason the computer seems to kick me out of 'safe mode' the same way it kicks me off of the desktop and back to the welcome screen.   It starts out in safe mode,  but by the time I get to the first welcome screen,  safe mode has disappeared.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 14th, 2012 11:00

Hi Brickman49240,

If you can boot to a CD, I would try booting to your Dell drivers disc and run the diagnostics on your hard drive.

No Events found!