Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2017 09:00

E207WFP monitor won't "wake up" from power save mode

To waken my monitor, I have to press and hold the PC power button,and reboot my PC(Inspiron i3650 with Windows 10.

Appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem !

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

October 13th, 2017 16:00

Wonder if this is related to this problem?

en.community.dell.com/.../20022347

Have you installed any new software (or updates) or new hardware recently? How is monitor connected to the PC, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI...

And check out the link Dell-Robert P posted in that other thread.

October 13th, 2017 19:00

Pc and monitor go the sleep mode normally(after time period); but monitor doesn't wake up when you press keys,etc..

No new h/ware, ,s/ware;  but regular Windows, Dell, etc. updates.

Monitor connector is VGA

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

October 14th, 2017 19:00

Sure sounds similar to the problem in the thread I linked.

Reboot and immediately press F2 to open BIOS setup. See if there's an option for USB Wake (or similar name) and make sure it's enabled. Don't change anything else in setup but save the change to USB Wake, if you made one. (NOTE: Online service manual doesn't show BIOS screens so I don't you if you'll have this option)

You can also go into the active Windows Power plan and set Sleep and Hibernation to NEVER, but set the plan to turn off monitor and hard drive after X min. See if that lets you wake it up.

Alternatively, go into the Power plan's Advanced options and disable USB Selective Suspend and Hybrid Sleep. Then open Device Manager and expand list under USB. Double-click a USB root hub and then click the Power Management tab. Make sure the box "Allow PC to turn off..." is not checked. Repeat for all USB root hubs. Then expand list under Human Interface Devices (HID) in Device Manager and make sure "Allow PC to turn off..." is not checked for any HID entry that has a Power Management tab. Reboot and see if that does it...

October 17th, 2017 12:00

In my Inspiron i3650, to access Dell Support Assist:    I typed    SupportAssist   in the bottom left (Search box) of my screen. Then the installed Dell program came up.

October 17th, 2017 12:00

Ron, thank you for your knowledgeable steps(above) for my "monitor doesn't wake up normally/must be power restarted" problem.

Before I got your Oct. 14 suggestions, I spent some time with the "Dell Support Assistant" program in my Inspiron. Specifically, I ran the programs for, System Scan, Hardware Checkup, and Software Scan. The scans recommended a few changes and updates which I did.

Since then,(for 3 days) my PC and Monitor have been working fine again.

I am Not sure if it was those scan programs, luck, or something else;  but I will hang on to your suggested steps in case the sleeping problem returns.

Again, I am grateful for your time and knowledge for addressing my PC/Monitor problem.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

October 17th, 2017 14:00

Glad you got it sorted.

One of the users in the thread I linked above posted today that they rolled back a recent update to the Intel HD Graphics driver from v22.20.16.4771 dated 8/13/2017 to v21.20.16.4542 dated 10/24/2016, and that solved their video problems with the i3650.

So I wonder if SupportAssist found a new video drive that works correctly for you.

No Events found!