Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2012 13:00

Failure of Media Card Reader 13-in-1 internal

Hi

My XPS/Dimension 410/9200 came installed with 13-in-1 internal Media Card reader.

This has worked without any issues up until [I think, but not for sure] I had to change my HDD.

One HDD reported impending failure and I hence decided to replace both. The RAID remain as before 0.

If I go into Device Manager, I could see it there:

However when I insert a CF or Sd flash memory disk the green light shows up on the pannel as well as Computer->Devices & Removable Disk but the disk is not accessible !!

However if I place my CF card in a freestanding USB 2.0 CF Card Reader I am able to access my data from the CF Flash Card. This confirms my CF Flash card is not faulty.

My OS is Win 7 x64. I attempted to install TEAC Driver from Dell's site for the VISTA x64 [R176598.EXE] but it would not get installed.

Can any one suggest me a remedy?

Thanking you

1.1K Posts

June 20th, 2012 14:00

I went as Administrator and in the Device Manager choose to look for drivers on line. This did not find any new drivers. However afterwards my card reader recognises my SD & CF Flash memory cards and my photos are accessible again. Phew..... I was a bit paniking....

June 22nd, 2012 18:00

Hi snowshine

Welcome to DELL community  

In response to your query

Please install the following drivers for Chipset and desktop system software and then try install the driver for 13-1 media card reader.

1) Chipset :  www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

2) Dell Desktop System Software : www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

3) Media card reader driver : www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

Also try to use another SD card and check if that works.

If another SD card also does not work, we can try BIOS update from here : www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

If that does not work, it may be an issue with the media card.

Please respond back with the findings.

1.1K Posts

June 23rd, 2012 00:00

Hello Dell-Mohammed A,

Thank you for taken time to give a suggestion.

My computer BIOS is 2.5.3. I'd it since it's release ie:2007.

Mine at preset has Win 7 x64 where as the Media Card Driver of your suggestion is for a 32bit [VISTA]. Is a 32 bit compatible in my x64, I wonder?

Finally, my Media Card Reader 13-in-1 internal started to work after I went to Device Manger with administrator rights and looked for new driver on line. This did not find a new driver but afterwards the all in one media card reader started to function .....weird!!

No Events found!