Highlighted
Sprenger000
Copper

Front headphone jack hissing/buzz... still

Maybe I'm old fasioned, but I don't see that the Sticky thread about this issue (which helpfully says "It does not appear at this time that a hardware fix is available") is sufficient.

Is there going to be absolutely no effort made to resolve this issue? Is Dell hoping people won't notice? It certainly appears that they're at least hoping we'll stop complaining, as the old Sticky was locked and replaced with a new locked thread with no comments.

What's the scoop? Is Dell officially telling us we're out of luck on this issue, and we have to live with it?
0 Kudos
17 Replies

Re: Front headphone jack hissing/buzz... still

I want to know also.

My New XPS is 4 months old at this point and what will happen when the warranty runs out.

How many people here have a new Dell PC that has these problems are near the end of the 1 year warranty ??

I would like to here from Dell on how this will be handled as like the above poster stated,
The sticky post that states  No Hardware Fix at this time   is not good enough, it fails to say that this has been go on for at lease six months and i was not here before that so it may be longer. Or that Dell will repair or replace any PC even if the warrany is up as it looks like it might take that long.

Message Edited by mmainprize on 03-24-2004 03:05 PM

0 Kudos
Sprenger000
Copper

If nothing else, I'd like to know what Dell plans to do about this defect in future units. Are they going to continue to ship defective units with "no fix available"? Isn't this something that people should know about?

If I were a conspiracy nut, I'd say the moderator's actions of closing the original thread and replacing it with a locked one (that says mostly the same exact thing, just without those pesky complaints) was a clever way to make it less obvious that this has been an ongoing issue, because Dell wants to continue selling defective units. I would really like to know this is not the case, and that it will be rectified.

At the very least, they can stop treating us like they've done us a favor by even looking into it... this isn't a freeware application forum, this is a forum for people who have dropped upwards of $3,000 US on your equipment, only to have you dodge the issue of why it's defective and how it can be fixed for at least 4 months. I'd like to think an answer is forthcoming; if the answer is "no, we can't fix it, and we'd like to keep selling them this way" it would be nice to say so up front.
0 Kudos
Grianstad
Bronze

I've been waiting for nine months, and as I said many months ago on this forum I'm not holding my breath for a solution for this unit.

I'm sure though that Dell will eventually work out the problem and you can have a front headphone jack without hiss on your next Dell computer.

0 Kudos
Grianstad
Bronze

It's annoying, but this is really just a minor problem. And it's the only problem that I've had with my computer that couldn't be fixed with a quick call to Dell.

If they do come up with a solution, great. If they don't, I really can live with it.

0 Kudos
DELL-Cody
Platinum

There is no conspiracy afoot; I have simply not received a response to my inquiry as yet. I am continuing to request additional information from Dell Engineering, and will update my FAQ with any new information I receive.

Thank you for your patience. I understand your frustration, and I apologize on behalf of Dell.
0 Kudos
Tahv101
Bronze

Wow Cody, that was a pretty quick response and you even offered an apology on behalf of Dell.  That was a nice thing to do and it is the first one that I have read.  Maybe someone at Dell does care .  Have a great day!
0 Kudos

Cody Wrote:
There is no conspiracy afoot; I have simply not received a response to my inquiry as yet. I am continuing to request additional information from Dell Engineering, and will update my FAQ with any new information I receive.

Thank you for your patience. I understand your frustration, and I apologize on behalf of Dell.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I would just like to make sure this don't get lost in the shuffle.
The Sticky post that was asking for information IS locked and no one can reply to it. Cody's statement noted above i guess he is talking about a response from Engineering as we can not reply to the original sticky post. They are no longer asking for PC service tag numbers so we will see what Dell position on this is soon i hope.

One thing for sure is that this problem being on the TOP of the line XPS Gamming system where people will want to use the front headphone and mic jacks will not take long to spread through the gamming forums and kill the sales from that market. So it is in Dell's best intrest to fix this. 

0 Kudos
Blitz26
Bronze

Finally, i found a solution. It's the dial-up modem. If you don't use it take it out, and you'll see the hissing/buzzing noise is gone.
0 Kudos
Sprenger000
Copper

Well, I'd try that, if I had a modem. Thanks though. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos