Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 17th, 2012 06:00

Graphics cards compatible with Dell Studio XPS 8100

Hi there,

I have just upgraded my PSU to 700W ready for a new graphics card. I am wondering if anyone knows of a list of graphics cards which would be compatible with my computer. I was looking in the GTX 580 range, but wasn't sure about dimensions of the graphics cards being a problem?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

953 Posts

August 17th, 2012 08:00

Hi chrisyb322,

It is difficult to mention the list of all the graphics cards compatible with the machine’s current configuration. With the original power supply in the machine, Dell recommends the following graphics cards on the machine:

ATI® Radeon® HD 5770

NVIDIA®GeForce GTX 260

NVIDIA® GeForce GTS 240

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 220

Now that you have tested the new 700W power supply working fine in the machine. Upgrading the graphics card to GeForce GTX 580 is the correct decision. The size of the graphics card will not be a problem as this machine can accommodate graphics cards of size:

Length: 10.5 inches (267 mm)

Height: 4.376 inches (111 mm)

Width: Dual-slot

GeForce GTX 580 graphics card has exactly the same dimensions.

For more details on the other specifications of GeForce GTX 580 graphics card you can refer to the following link:

www.geforce.com/.../specifications

Please keep me posted if you need any further help.

Ooops! I think I may have confused you. I do not want to replace  the card I have; I was told that I could add one to that. If that is not possible then I am in trouble, because I cannot afford the GeForce cards. Sorry about the confusion.

Wow! What an informative answer! Thank you so much!

19 Posts

August 17th, 2012 10:00

Thanks for the quick and informative feedback, just what i needed

cheers Zohaib

4.4K Posts

May 31st, 2013 04:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                

No Events found!