Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2009 23:00

HDA AUDIO BUS DRIVER AND SOUNDMAX FOR DELL DIMENSION 3000 WINDOWS XP

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! ONE DAY MY BROTHER WAS ON MY COMPUTER DELETING THINGS AND HE DELETED SOUNDMAX! I TRIED DOWNLOADING IT FROM DELL BUT IT WOULDN'T LET ME AND STILL WON'T MAYBE BECAUSE MY WARRANTY IS EXPIRED OR SOMETHING BUT I DON'T KNOW....SO I WENT TO DIFFERENT WEBSITES AND TRIED....IT ALMOST INSTALLED IT BUT THEN A MESSAGE CAME UP SAYING I NEEDED A HDA AUDIO BUS DRIVER AND I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT HOW TO FIND IT AND INSTALL IT (SIGH) IT 'S SOOOO CONFUSING IF ANYONE KNOW A WEBSITE I CAN GET IT FROM PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH ME! THANKS

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 26th, 2009 04:00

First, can the all Capitals.  It's considered shouting on this forum (and harder to read).

Not knowing what was deleted, you should download both the Intel chipset drivers and the Dell sound drivers.  Install the chipset drivers, restart the PC and then install the Dell sound drivers.  You do not need to have a warranty to download drivers from the Dell downloads.

is the chipset driver for the 3000

is the Dell Integrated Audio sound driver for the 3000 and XP.

The reason for installing the chipset drivers is that on a new install the chipset drivers MUST be installed before installing the sound drivers.  In additon, you must use the Dell provided sound drivers because of the Dell customization.  In most cases non-Dell drivers will not work.  In this case you do not have "SoundMax" (now called IDT), you have Analog Devices sound.

2 Posts

September 26th, 2009 11:00

Hi fireberd I tried to download the chipset driver but it won't even let me go to the next page to download it....it's like when I click on it nothing happens! thank you

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 26th, 2009 13:00

You have more problems on the PC or your security is set to not allow you to download as there is no security or checking done on Dell downloads.  Anyone can download them, whether they have a Dell or not or whether they have that model Dell or not.   Select the "download using my browser" (or something similar) DO NOT select the use the Dell Download Manager option.

Get one of your friends to download those files and save them to a USB key or CD for you. 

9 Posts

February 14th, 2012 07:00

I've been looking all over the internet for the last three days, dell support, microsoft, and support chat, and nothing worked until I came upon this article.  I tried the above solutions and now I have my audio back. thank you, you sould be working for the above companys and showing them how it's suppose to work (support)  you're the best. I have another problem on this computer, dell dimension 3000, the computer can not detect the external storage divice I plugged in. everything is connect but I can't get it to work, maybe a problem with the host controller. Again, thank you very much for your help. 

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 14th, 2012 20:00

No Events found!