Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

October 20th, 2012 10:00

***HELP*** Dell Inspirion 519 Desktop won't turn in

I need help! My computer is a Dell Inspirion 519 desktop won't turn on! I tried turning it on, a yellow/amber light flashed from the power button. I unplugged everything, plugged it back into a different power strip slot, and now the amber light won't even show up. I press the power button and nothing. Any ideas what the problem is? 

There we go, meant 519

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

I need help! My computer is a Dell Inspirion 159 desktop won't turn on! I tried turning it on, a yellow/amber light flashed from the power button. I unplugged everything, plugged it back into a different power strip slot, and now the amber light won't even show up. I press the power button and nothing. Any ideas what the problem is? 

InspironUser159

Please check the computer model, Dell does not have an Inspiron 159 desktop listed.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 20th, 2012 11:00

InspironUser159

The Inspiron 519 toubleshooter is here,

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp518/en/qrg/MT480A01.pdf

Have you tried removing and reinstalling all the memory modules and graphics card, to see if this makes a difference?

Also, try connecting the power cord directly to an outlet,

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

I am having same pblm with a 537. Every time I press the button on the front the green light in back goes out and I have to unplug and plug in to reset. Power supply checks out (I swapped with a good 537) and motherboard looks good with no visable damage to any capacitors.

Inspiron8553

As you have a different computer model, to prevent confusion, it would be easier to start a new message and thread. 

What colour is the power button LED, is it blinking or solid?

Are there any 'Beeps'?

The Dell Inspiron 535/545/546/537 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Guide, can be found in the Setup Guide HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> in PDF form.

Bev.

I am having same pblm with a 537. Every time I press the button on the front the green light in back goes out and I have to unplug and plug in to reset. Power supply checks out (I swapped with a good 537) and motherboard looks good with no visable damage to any capacitors.

October 22nd, 2012 15:00

No color and no blinking any more. originally it blinked a yellow/amber color. Now it wont show anything, but green color on the back is still on

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 22nd, 2012 18:00

Inspiron8553

Sounds like a power supply failure, try replacing the power supply, with a know working unit and see if makes a difference.

The Inspiron 537 Mini Tower can use most standard generic ATX power supply units, with either a 24-pin or 20+4-pin main motherboard power connector, with or without the on/off switch.

You should be able to buy a compatible power supply from either a local or online computer store.

Note: You require a power supply with four SATA power connectors.

Bev.

4.4K Posts

May 17th, 2013 00:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                  

No Events found!