Highlighted
wspos
Bronze

HELP - Dimension 8100 upgrade to Windows 7 problems with Santa Cruz sound, NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS display, and network drivers.

Problems:

Santa Cruz sound and NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS display drivers not compatible with windows 7.

Also, Network driver needs recommended action.

I have a Dell Dimension 8100 that was purchased and shipped from Dell on 12/5/2000.

The original 8100 hardware:

Pentium 4, Processor 1.5GHz, 256MB RDRAM,

BIOS Version/Date - Dell A09, 10/2/2001

32MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS display adapter,

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz DSP, Sound Card

3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)

The original software was an OEM version of Windows Millennium Edition from Dell.

The only changes in the above configuration are that I have 2GB of RDRAM and the operating system is Windows XP Pro.

The NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS driver date is 7/28/2003 and version is 4.5.2.3.

The Santa Cruz driver date is 4/3/2002 and version is 5.12.1.4161

The 3Com network driver date is 7/1/2001 and version is 4.5.0.0

I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Report and the following problems were flagged:

1. NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS – the driver installed for this device is not compatible with Windows 7.
  2. Santa Cruz(tm) – the driver installed for this device is not compatible with Windows 7.
  3. 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible) – Before installing Windows 7, go to the device Manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver for this device.
  4. Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 – this version of the program will not work on Windows 7.

I’m not sure but I think that the Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 problem will go away when I install Windows7.

I have tried to look for new display, sound, and network drivers to resolve the problems that the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor flagged (problems 1, 2, and 3 above). I have not had any luck.

I don’t use the 8100 for gaming. I use it for the internet, Word, Excel, and record keeping.

I’d like to get it running on Windows 7 so I don’t have to get a new PC with Windows 8. I am hoping that the next version of Windows is better than Windows 8.

Please, I need help!!! Are there any drivers that will resolve these problems?? Do I need to get new cards??

Thanks for any and all help, in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
osprey4
Diamond

RE: HELP - Dimension 8100 upgrade to Windows 7 problems with Santa Cruz sound, NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS display, and network drivers.

Duplicate post.

0 Kudos