Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 15th, 2004 08:00

HP PSC 2510 Photosmart All In One - After Insallation boot up times are extended

Hi

I have just purchased the HP PSC 2510 Photosmart all in one (printer, scanner, fax, copier) since doing this when I restart the Dell Dimension 8300 that I have I find that the rebooting of the system results in a black screen with a flashing line (prompt) this hangs around for about 3 - 5 minutes and then the system opens up the Windows XP Professional session.

I hit control alt delete a number of times initially and this restarts the system which then proceeded to hang again once when I did this the system indicated that there was a booting failure at check point [USBd].

Can anybody advise how I resolve this problem please.

Regards
David

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 15th, 2004 09:00

There is an option in the BIOS for USB "no boot" or some similar wording.  Select the USB no boot option in the BIOS and it will fix the problem. 

What is happening, with the BIOS set to boot from a USB device is that when you startup, it's looking for a bootable USB device and it has a "time out" (fixed amout of time) that is has to go through waiting for response from a bootable USB device.  That is what is causing the delay/slow boot up.

No Events found!