Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2009 03:00

Have an enlarged or strange icons and an enlarged image on a Desktop Dell Dimension 2400

I Install a fresh XP copy in a Desktop Dell Dimension 2400,but I forgot to save the drivers first,so when I finish,in the Display settings said 16 bit color,so I download the drivers for LAN,AUDIO,etc and when I download an install the video driver,the icons looks like some kind of enlargedI change the resolution but still look some kind of strange an not a standard picture,do I have to make any other download like an update oradjust anything in the the Intel integraded video card?

Thanks for any hint you may give me.

"Papirin"  

4.6K Posts

February 4th, 2009 03:00

The icon size should change accordingly when you change the screen resolution?

Are you sure you downloaded the correct drivers?

BTW:  You really ought to consider upgrading to a dedicated graphics card?

Even a cheap one will be better than the on-board graphics solution you're using just now :emotion-55:

6 Posts

February 4th, 2009 04:00

what u need to do is.

get in http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen   type the service tag of u r computer. it wil show u the info  abt the drivers. (if u want to know what video driver u need to install. get in the same page >to the left u wil see system configuration thr give th service tag it wil show u all the components which dell shipped. ) the install it reboot the computer issue resolved.

have a good day if any issues , rply back . :emotion-21:

February 5th, 2009 14:00

Right click desktop, properties, settings, move screen resolution and colour quality to the right if you got the display adpaters installed.

No Events found!