Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2009 13:00

Help needed for Intel GFX

Hi Guys and gals,

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to point me to a link I need.

I have an old Dimension 2400 desktop and I'm pretty sure I should be looking for a graphics driver upgrade. Since purchasing this machine, I've become very visually impaired but my kids tell me the machine doesn't look right anymore. I've not updated the gfx since I bought the machine some years ago.
As a starting point, would some kind soul please give me a direct link to the driver package needed for this machine? From memory, I think it's an Intel 82845G? That could be wrong, but sure it's that family.

Many, many thanks to anyone who can spare the time to dig out the link.
I'm told I have version 6.14.10.4342 installed at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

Billiam.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 17th, 2009 13:00

First you've posted in the Desktop AUDIO section, and you should have posted your Video question in the Desktop Video section. 

However, HERE is the Video driver from the Dell downloads.  It's a 2005 driver so it may not be any different than the one you have. 

But, I suspect it's not a video driver issue.  If you have a CRT monitor, it may be going bad (and need replaced with a new flat panel monitor) and that sounds more like what the problem is.  Generally the Video driver does not "deteriorate".    If it's the actual video chip on the motherboard you will have to install a PCI (NOT PCIe) video card and use that. 

2 Posts

April 17th, 2009 14:00

Hi,

Hmm.

Every so sorry for the 'wrong' forum These forums don't cater very well for the visually impaired I have to say.

That driver is the same as the one I have already (LCD monitor) so I guess the problem lies elsewhere.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

No Events found!