Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2005 12:00

How do I remove the front cover of Dimension 4600 (i assume same for all dimensions)

I want to remove the front plastic cover of my dimension 4600, so I can put a filter of the intake (inside is getting pretty dusty), but cant figure out how it comes off. Any suggestions?

48 Posts

looks awesome, ill try it out later. Thanks

4.8K Posts

Redwing634,

You are welcome.  While you have the system open, you should consider cleaning out all of the dust using canned air.  Do not use a vacuum cleaner.  Since you are going to add a dust filter, you will need to change that filter regularly or it will cause your system to run hotter when the filter gets clogged up.

Steve

4.8K Posts

Redwing634,

Check this link for instructions on removing the front cover panel:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Cover panel removal is not the same for all Dimension systems. 

Steve

Message Edited by BigBrother on 09-29-2005 08:36 AM

11.9K Posts

September 30th, 2005 21:00

@Redwing634 wrote:
Im only using female nylons as a filter, so it really shouldnt reduce air flow too much, and i plan on changing it pretty regularly. I'm doing it because regardless of how much i clean it out inside, it continues to get loaded with dust.

If you need help in removing the nylons from the female, I'm sure that some of us can help you out.  :smileywink:

I've heard that using male nylons doesn't work as well, and you don't want to have to go get them... 

11.9K Posts

@BigBrother wrote:

Redwing634,

You are welcome.  While you have the system open, you should consider cleaning out all of the dust using canned air.  Do not use a vacuum cleaner.  Since you are going to add a dust filter, you will need to change that filter regularly or it will cause your system to run hotter when the filter gets clogged up.

Steve

I think the filter is a bad idea.  It will reduce airflow and as Steve notes it will clog.  Simply clean out the system with canned air more often.

48 Posts

lol thanks, but i had my gf buy some for me =P didnt want to buy them myself haha

11.9K Posts

@BigBrother wrote:

Cover panel removal is not the same for all Dimension systems. 

Steve

Sure it is.  For all systems, READ THE MANUAL...  :smileywink:

48 Posts

Im only using female nylons as a filter, so it really shouldnt reduce air flow too much, and i plan on changing it pretty regularly. I'm doing it because regardless of how much i clean it out inside, it continues to get loaded with dust.
No Events found!