Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2012 16:00

How many PCI Express Slots has a Dell GX620 Mini Tower

Hi, I Want to know how many pci slots the gx620 in mini tower version has, because, I Need to add a sound card due to the integrated audio not working, and also I Want to know if it supports a Video Card and a Sound Card together, or if I Need to buy a USB Sound Card. Thanks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 10th, 2012 17:00

Hi Pcuser1234,

There is one x1 slot and one x16, as well as two regular PCI slots. Why don't you open the case to see what's available?

2.2K Posts

October 10th, 2012 17:00

Hi,

The number of PCI Slots available on Optiplex GX620 Mini Tower are:

Slots Name     Count

PCI                  2

PCIe x1           1

PCIe x16         1

You sure can add video card and sound card.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell  

36 Posts

October 10th, 2012 18:00

Also, thank you DELL-Manshu S

36 Posts

October 10th, 2012 18:00

Thank you very much osprey4, I was away, and I wanted to know how many slots it had. USB Sound cards consume less and I think they are cheaper.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 12th, 2012 12:00

If you are using windows 7 you can use Vista Drivers to get the soundmax working.

Try the 32 bit driver

in either case the driver MUST BE RUN as Administrator.

The driver at Dell  Warns that Windows can not verify that the driver signature.

Try the 32 bit driver

in either case the driver MUST BE RUN as Administrator.

The driver at Dell  Warns that Windows can not verify that the driver signature.

Decompress http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R145149.EXE with 7-zip (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465-x64.msi), right click in .exe,

Extract files... and place in desktop and name folder to SoundMax

1. Go to Start menu, and type device manager in search box;
2. Click in "Device Manager", open Sound, video and game controllers, right click in driver, and click in UNINSTALL.
3. Restart system...
4. Go to Star menu, and type device manager in search box;
5. Click in "Device Manager", open Sound, video and game controllers, right click in driver, and click in Update driver.
6. Click in Browser in my computer and click in "Let me pick from a list..."
7. Click in Sound, video and game controllers, if not show this, skip this step.
8. Click in button HAVE A DISK, and click in Browser, go to folder SoundMax in desktop, and click in amd64, double-click in smwdmICH5.inf and press OK BUTTON.
9. AD1888 have a 6-channel sound, click in second "SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio" item.

First item: 5 channel
Second: 6 channel CHOOSE THIS FOR AD1888
Third: 7 channel

10. Click in next and confirm if Windows warns incompatibility of driver!
11. Restart PC.

To test your driver, go to start menu, type "sound" in search box, click in "Sound item".
Click in first item and press button configure!
Click in L or R and test sound!

4.4K Posts

May 17th, 2013 02:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                        

No Events found!