Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2012 20:00

How to Enable Intel 4000 Integrated Graphics (Dell Optiplex 9010)

Hi

I have a Dell Optiplex Desktop and I want to enable the Integrated Intel 4000 Graphics (i7 chip).  I also have a Radeon 7450 video card but want to be able to drive multple monitors via the 2 different video cards.

I can see only the Radeon in the Device Manager under video apapters. 

I've also looked in the BIOS and have enabled 'Multple Monitors' or something similar that it's called but that didn't seem to enable it.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

11 Posts

August 9th, 2012 19:00

I was able to figure it out.  If I plug a cable into the integrated graphic port on the computer, and then restart the computer, that will be enough to trigger the vide card to be picked up by the OS.  I'm not sure if the 'multiple monitor' setting in the BIOS also needed to be enabled, but that solved the issue for me.  

Once I booted in, I needed to install the drivers for the Intel integrated graphics and then it worked.

45 Posts

August 9th, 2012 21:00

Thanks for sharing the solution to your problem. Been working on my GPU as well and will try this one.

4.4K Posts

May 31st, 2013 11:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.

No Events found!