Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2003 12:00

I need a speaker adaptor. Where????

Is there an adaptor that will allow me use non-dell speakers.  They are the cheap G -691A multimedia speaker system with their own power supply.

I want to use them with my Demension 2400

Any help would be appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 31st, 2003 13:00

All "computer" speakers come with the standard 1/8" stereo plugs.  It sounds like those speakers are not  computer speakers (which are also shielded so no RF interference from the monitor or PC will affect them).  I don't even remember old speakers that weren't "powered" that didn't have the 1/8" stereo plug.

You may want to reconsider using them.  You don't say what type of connector is on those speakers but you can probably get an adapter at Radio Shack.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 2nd, 2004 10:00

I still don't understand.  If they are "standard" computer speakers then they have the 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo plug.  Your Dell also has the standard 1/8" jack. 

What is different on your speakers?

3 Posts

January 2nd, 2004 10:00

Firebred,

Actually, the speaker are powered and came from my old computer.  These speakers are available and compatible with all other computers; they just don't fit my dell.

I may check with Radio Shack for an adaptor.

3 Posts

January 5th, 2004 10:00

Actually, there is no regular stereo plug in the back of my 2400, rather a single green female port about 1/16".  A collegue of mine has a similar port as mine and has speakers made by CE.  The number on the bottom of his speakers is DP/N 058JMY I C/O CN / Rev A00.  They are also self powered.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 5th, 2004 15:00

I haven't seen a Dell 2400, but it must have the standard 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo speaker jack as as I haven't seen any other posts about not being able to connect speakers.  The green jack is the speaker jack.  The stock 2400's, from what I've been told, have on-board sound modules, not PCI sound cards. 

See if this provides any help.  Click Me 

No Events found!