Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2017 12:00

Inspiron 20-3052, Bios update, computer will not do anything

So I upgraded my bios because the dell update assistant said I had an update. So now my Dell Inspiron 20 model 3052 will not do anything. The power light comes on and that is it. It stays orange. I have downloaded the iso for it. But even the repair disk isn't working. I have no idea what to even do.

2 Posts

May 19th, 2017 08:00

I called Dell customer service on Wednesday and I am sending the computer into them for no cost. They said it is a known issue and they will replace the mother board. My computer is about a year old and just outside the warranty. I didn't have to argue with anyone. The call took about 40 minutes but the tech was very nice and knew exactly what I was talking about. I called 1-800-624-9897

2 Posts

May 19th, 2017 08:00

I called Dell customer service on Wednesday and I am sending the computer into them for no cost. They said it is a known issue and they will replace the mother board. My computer is about a year old and just outside the warranty. I didn't have to argue with anyone. The call took about 40 minutes but the tech was very nice and knew exactly what I was talking about. Try giving a call again. I called 1-800-624-9897

• 

370 Posts

May 19th, 2017 13:00

Dear Customers,

Dell is aware that a recent BIOS release (version 3.8.1) for the Inspiron 20 3052 All-in-One has caused some systems to fail to boot.  Dell has stopped the push of the affected BIOS version and urges impacted customers to contact Dell Tech Support or on Twitter @DellCares.

Thank you,

Dell Support Team

5 Posts

May 19th, 2017 21:00

Dell is going to take care of this at no cost to me, yay!

May 19th, 2017 23:00

This crash also happened to me in the middle of finals week, like that isn't stressful enough, then I called Dell for help and was told I would have to pay more than half of the purchase price to fix it. Anger is not even a level of madness I feel...I am livid!

May 19th, 2017 23:00

This is their error, not ours.

20 Posts

May 20th, 2017 04:00

At least some of the people who ended up with dead computers after that BIOS update are being treated right. Seems some of the techs are still trying to sell them a replacement motherboard though.

I have a 3252 that turned into a brick from the update, so I am one of the ones that got  by Dell. Bought my first Dell back in 1999. Others in 2005 (Dimmension 3000), 2013 (Inspiron 660), and my LAST in 2015. Time to look at some HP's or maybe even go to the other side and check out an iMac!!!

4 Posts

May 20th, 2017 09:00

Same problem here almost a week with no CPU

Techie said hey are working I. The issue and

Will be back to

Me Monday!

Said there would be no cost

250-3052 issue no boot

5 Posts

May 20th, 2017 09:00

I reached out to the twitter account that was listed here and they are taking care of me.

4 Posts

May 20th, 2017 19:00

Was told on facebook messenger Friday evening (5-19-17)  "We have got authorization to setup a Depot service call for you even though the system's warranty has expired. However, do note that the turn around time for the service completion would be around 14-16 days due to the expected volume of affected systems." Then an hour later was told "Since our tools are getting updated we do not have access to set up service now, the tools should be up within 5 to 6 hours. We will get back to you with a reference number within next 24 hours." Then was told this afternoon, Saturday (5-20-17) "We regret to inform you that the part which needs to be replaced is not available til June 2nd week, hence the service would not be possible at this point in time. We request you to reach out to us by June so that we can set up the service" then gave me a reference number and said "reference so that we can review the case and set up the service." First of all I was a little put off at the first message because by stating that even though it is out of warranty they would fix it...what the heck...they broke it with their update and they should fix it. And secondly now we have to wait until June to even contact them so they can "review" it and set up service....man I only have so much patience for this ....I would really like to know how many of these computers were affected by this that they don't have enough parts...my guess is a lot.

17 Posts

May 21st, 2017 05:00

I paid to have the motherboard replaced, now they will be refunding me. even though that is the right thing to do, I think I deserve more. I'm without my desktop for a week now and not sure how much longer. they should offer some other compensation for their mistake.

5 Posts

May 23rd, 2017 17:00

Anyone have any progress updates? Dell sent me a box to ship my computer in to one of their repair depots. Have heard mixed things from customer service reps on the phone regarding whether Dell will be paying for this or not. Also hoping that I don't lose any of my data in the process...

17 Posts

May 24th, 2017 07:00

i sent in my desktop on may 17th. dell received it on may 22nd. they are supposed to update me today on the repair. I expect, as a courtesy, that everyone's warranty is extended for a year after they repair it.

17 Posts

May 26th, 2017 12:00

I received my desktop back today. I had some log-on issues but all seems to be working well now. I hate that I depend so much on technology sometimes. Anyhow, I'm now requesting that my warranty be extended for a year from today.

219 Posts

May 26th, 2017 13:00

Yolandac1, please let us know how you make out on the warranty extension. Also, have you gotten your refund yet?

No Events found!