Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2009 16:00

Inspiron 530 - Doesn't boot up - Beeping alarm sound and loud fan

My desktop machine suddenly will not boot up.  When I hit the power it sounds like it's booting up and continues to make a beeping alarm sound of 4 beep intervals.  The fan is going and the louder startup noise stays constant.  The monitor does not show any responsiveness.  This came out of nowhere.  Coincedentally, a Dimention E310 machine we have in the same house is having the exact same issue.  The Inspiron530 machine is running Vista and the other XP.  Help anyone before I have to spend good money I dont have??

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 23rd, 2009 16:00

As this is a Laptop you should have posted in the LAPTOP section, not this DESKTOP section.

HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> is the Dell manual.  That may help you in problem determination.

For more assistance repost in the Laptop section.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 23rd, 2009 17:00

My desktop machine suddenly will not boot up.  When I hit the power it sounds like it's booting up and continues to make a beeping alarm sound of 4 beep intervals.  The fan is going and the louder startup noise stays constant.  The monitor does not show any responsiveness.  This came out of nowhere.  Coincedentally, a Dimention E310 machine we have in the same house is having the exact same issue.  The Inspiron530 machine is running Vista and the other XP.  Help anyone before I have to spend good money I dont have??

RobbyZ1974

Is the power button LED, Steady Blue, Blinking Blue, Steady Amber, Blinking Amber or is it Off?

Are there any error messages, if there are, please post the exact text of the messages?

The Inspiron 530 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Codes are HERE. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

4 Beeps would seem to indicate a memory problem. try opening the case and remove the memory modules and reseat them.

Regards to the Dimension e310, as this is a different model, it would be easier if you started a new post for the e310, to avoid confusion.  

Bev.

2 Posts

January 17th, 2011 09:00

As this is a Laptop you should have posted in the LAPTOP section, not this DESKTOP section

I don't know if that is a Laptop but I also have a Inspiron 530 DESKTOP and am having the same problems

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 17th, 2011 11:00

I don't know if that is a Laptop but I also have a Inspiron 530 DESKTOP and am having the same problems

riahmom720

Read my post about troubleshooting the Inspiron 530 and report back.

Bev.

2 Posts

January 18th, 2011 18:00

my light would stay steady on.....i tried it again this morning and it worked fine.....my golden retrievers were raring around yesterday when they problem started and my husband thought that quite possibly the chips (?) got jiggled around by them especially if they hit the tower....(i am very computer illiterate so please forgive me if i get things and/or terms wrong).....they started playing again today and knocked into the desk..... a little while later i decided to try and start it and it started fine..... thanks though for your help!!!! it is greatly appreciated!!!!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 18th, 2011 19:00

my light would stay steady on.....i tried it again this morning and it worked fine.....my golden retrievers were raring around yesterday when they problem started and my husband thought that quite possibly the chips (?) got jiggled around by them especially if they hit the tower....(i am very computer illiterate so please forgive me if i get things and/or terms wrong).....they started playing again today and knocked into the desk..... a little while later i decided to try and start it and it started fine..... thanks though for your help!!!! it is greatly appreciated!!!!

riahmom720

Happy to hear that the issue is resolved.

Bev.

6 Posts

January 18th, 2011 19:00

i hav the same problem as she did    but mine has a steadyy yellow light on n the nside.... would that also solve my problem to  that u told her?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 18th, 2011 20:00

i hav the same problem as she did    but mine has a steadyy yellow light on n the nside.... would that also solve my problem to  that u told her?

maheisel

Answered in your other post HERE

Bev.

1 Message

July 17th, 2015 16:00

I have a dell inspiron 530 at start up I get a 4 beep alarm what dose that mean

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 19th, 2015 19:00

I have a dell inspiron 530 at start up I get a 4 beep alarm what dose that mean

ldavis8593

Four 'Beeps' indicate a memory issue, first try opening the case, then remove and reinstall all the memory modules, to see if this makes a difference. See pages 105/106/107 & 123+

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 19th, 2015 22:00

This thread has been locked due to it's age, if you have a similar issue, please use the 'New Post' feature at the top of this page and start a new thread.

Bev. 

No Events found!