Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2010 07:00

Inspiron 560 won't start up!

(NOTE: It MADE me choose a file, so I just put in a picture)

Hi guys,

I got an Inspiron 560 about a month ago.  It has had a few minor problems along the way - at first Firefox (specifically sites with Flash if memory serves) would completely lock up the computer.  I started using Chrome and the problems went away.  Lately the computer had problems "waking up" - if I left it on overnight, it would be locked up when I tried to wake it up the next morning.

This morning, however, I couldn't get it to wake up at all, so I turned it off and when I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened.  I unplugged the power supply and plugged it back in.

Usually the front light is blue, but now it's an orange or greenish color.  On the back there is a big green light right below the power plug.

I will contact Dell support when I get home, but I'm at work and was wondering if this is a regular problem or what?  The online support chat is either too busy or not working yet - I'm open to suggestions.  I'm an IT professional, but don't want to void my warranty by messing around too much - not sure how much I'm allowed to :)

Thanks!

-Casey

1 Attachment

No Responses!
No Events found!