Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2012 05:00

Inspiron 570 Ethernet Controller Driver Missing

I reinstalled Windows 7 from the CD provided with the system and the ethernet controller driver is missing.  There is no ethernet controller driver or chipset driver in Dell's driver list for the service tag.  My experience has been that Windows 7 had the ethernet drivers.

The system has an AMD processor and the Dell information says that the MB P/N is: R48T1.

I have tried several different drivers, but they all say there is no compatible hardware.  

Thanks, Norm

3.7K Posts

July 23rd, 2012 08:00

I reinstalled Windows 7 from the CD provided with the system and the ethernet controller driver is missing.  There is no ethernet controller driver or chipset driver in Dell's driver list for the service tag.  My experience has been that Windows 7 had the ethernet drivers.

The system has an AMD processor and the Dell information says that the MB P/N is: R48T1.

I have tried several different drivers, but they all say there is no compatible hardware.  

Thanks, Norm

Have you tried this driver HERE, and have a look HERE on Intel web site, as the driver Dell use is Intel, so there software should be Ok.

July 23rd, 2012 13:00

Hi normbarb,

Welcome to the Dell community.

Please follow this link to install the drivers.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=5K110&FileId=2731091209&productCode=inspiron-570&urlProductCode=False

Once done, reboot PC and then check device manager if the Ethernet controller driver is missing or not.

Please reply if you have any queries

14 Posts

July 23rd, 2012 17:00

Robin,

Thanks for getting back.  I have tried the Broadcom driver (NG) and I don't believe that it is an Intel driver because it is an AMD processor.  I don't think they can use Intel MBs with AMD processors.  Looked at the Dell B/U disk.  They say the drivers may not work.  I suspect that it may be the same ones that are on the website for the Exp Svc Code for the computer.

Norm

14 Posts

July 23rd, 2012 18:00

I did try this driver (R243167) and got a message -- No compatible hardware.  

Thanks, Norm

3.7K Posts

July 24th, 2012 02:00

Robin,

Thanks for getting back.  I have tried the Broadcom driver (NG) and I don't believe that it is an Intel driver because it is an AMD processor.  I don't think they can use Intel MBs with AMD processors.  Looked at the Dell B/U disk.  They say the drivers may not work.  I suspect that it may be the same ones that are on the website for the Exp Svc Code for the computer.

Norm

That was taken off the 570 drivers page HERE, also the CPU might be AMD, but the chipset is Intel.

July 26th, 2012 15:00

Hi normbarb,

Please try to check if the Ethernet card is detected in BIOS.

To access the BIOS, Reboot PC>> press F2 on dell splash screen ,   this screen will appear.

Go to Advanced tab , Select Integrated Peripherals Configuration and press Enter

Check if Onboard LAN Controller is Enabled or Disabled (Enabled by default) .If not please Enable it.

Once, done press F10 .  and then try to install the drivers again.

1 Message

August 7th, 2012 15:00

Hello - I am having the exact same problem as Norm!  I have done everything  listed above, I still have a big yellow exclamation point on the Ethernet Controller in the device manager.  Please help!

5 Posts

September 23rd, 2012 07:00

I am having the same problem my ethernet is connected in the BIOS setup i have installed those drivers and it has changed nothing i have even reinstalled windows 7 and then done everything again.

Any help would be appreciated this has been driving me insane for the last 3 days trying to fix it.I have tried multiple "fixes" but noone have worked

5 Posts

September 23rd, 2012 08:00

I am running 64 Bit and unless i am missing something out of the install process those are not working and am i still not connected.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

What version of Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?

Ethernet Driver:

R243167 - Windows Vista/7 64 bit.

R243173 - Windows Vista/7 32 bit

Does the correct one of these fail to install on your unit?

Note the Chipset should be installed before the Network Drivers.

Chipset Driver:

R243218 - Windows Vista/7 32 bit/64 bit

Audio Driver:

R243215 - Windows Vista/7 32 bit/64 bit

5 Posts

To install them its just open the application? The program opens and opens everything and then closes is that all there is too it or do i have to do something else?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 23rd, 2012 10:00

Do you get the setup as below?

1 Message

December 7th, 2012 23:00

hi

February 14th, 2013 10:00

Had same problem. None of the drivers work. Found correct driver at Intel's website.

LAN: Broadcom* NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Driver  

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

Now machine that our IT guy tagged as spapre for parts due to a bad motherboard , is working perfectly

February 14th, 2013 10:00

None of the drivers at Dell work for the Network card.

Found correct driver at Intel's website

LAN: Broadcom* NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Driver

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

Now Machine works perfectly. had been tagged by the IT department as defective motherboard

No Events found!