Highlighted
McCaw
Copper

Inspiron 660: How do I open the CD/DVD drawer to add a new program, or watch a movie?

Jump to solution

Inspiron 660.  How do I open the drawer to insert a disk for adding a new program or watching a movie?  I just purchased the machine and find operating instructions very negligent.  There is no mechanical button to open the drawer. I can't find in Dell any instructions on operating this machine.  Windows 8 tells me to insert the disk.  But how?

0 Kudos
33 Replies
wingpal
Copper

Re: Inspiron 660: How do I open the CD/DVD drawer to add a new program, or watch a movie?

Jump to solution

The button is far right next to the trim..Had to look a bit myself.

Re: Inspiron 660: How do I open the CD/DVD drawer to add a new program, or watch a movie?

Jump to solution

Hi McCaw,

You will find the eject button to the right side as shown in the below picture.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

Jump to solution

I am still having trouble finding the button!  My husband and I even used a flashlight and could not find anything.

0 Kudos
YllasWood
Copper

Jump to solution

You won't be able to see it even with a flashlight. Just press the area as far to the right-hand side as you can, next to the trim. I just now found it myself. Good luck!

0 Kudos
speedstep
Diamond

Jump to solution

Here’s a way to do it right from the desktop and LEFT click the eject.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi

There is no physical button; you will have to press the plastics to the extreme right side of the optical dive to eject it.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

Jump to solution

I didn't really think I'd find an answer here, but the web continues to amaze me.  They sure did a good job of camouflaging that switch, making it part of the trim, on the exterior of the bay.  I had just resorted to putting a shortcut on my desktop for the drive so that I could right click for the the "eject" option.  Now I can save that valuable space.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Inspiron 660.  How do I open the drawer to insert a disk for adding a new program or watching a movie?  I just purchased the machine and find operating instructions very negligent.  There is no mechanical button to open the drawer. I can't find in Dell any instructions on operating this machine.  Windows 8 tells me to insert the disk.  But how?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It's hard to see, but it's in plain sight. I suggest you look at it with a flashlight.  It looks like it's part of the trim. The button is the vertical bar along the right side of the drive.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/JeffLeites/OpenButton.jpg

0 Kudos