Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2012 11:00

Inspiron One All-in-one will not turn on at all!!!

I usually leave the computer on, reboot maybe once a week for good measure.  Well, one day I woke up to black screen and noticed it was off.  I tried to turn it on and the power button blinked a couple times and... nothing!  That was it!!  Now it won't even do that!!!

August 27th, 2012 11:00

Hi reddk1,

Please try the steps below and restart the system once again.

1. Take out all the external connections from the back of the display.

2. Disconnect the power cable (AC adapter)

3. Press and hold the power on button for 10-15 seconds.

4. Connect the power cable and other peripherals and try to switch on the system

If you are still unable to power it up please check if there are any lights on the system.

I am adding you as a friend; please accept my friend request and send me a personal message with the system Service Tag so that I can check the system warranty details and help you with the issue.

Please reply if you have any questions.

2 Posts

August 27th, 2012 19:00

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY - though... it did not work.  NO lights - How should I post the Service Tag# ?

August 28th, 2012 04:00

Hi reddk1,

Please do not post the service tag on this thread. You can either accept me as a friend, you will get a friend request once you go into your profile,accept the friend request and send me a message with the service tag and the account holder's name.

You can also click on my name and send me a message directly with the details.

August 29th, 2012 05:00

Hi reddk1,

The warranty has expired on this system, it seems that the power supply has gone bad.You can contact a local technician to check the system and get the parts replaced.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 29th, 2012 15:00

reddk1,

Send me the following via private message. Click my username, click Start a Conversation -
Computer Service Tag number:

I will then look up the service tag number to get you the part number of the power supply. You can then contact Dell Spare Parts 1-800-357-3355 for pricing and availability.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 30th, 2012 06:00

reddk1,

Your Inspiron One 19 sold with either of these internal power supplies. Both will work -
H109R 130w Power Supply http://www.impactcomputers.com/h109r.html
Y664P 130w Power Supply http://www.impactcomputers.com/y664p.html

So the culprit could be either your internal power supply or the internal 3-V CR2032 lithium coin cell battery. To remove and replace the coin cell battery is pretty intensive. Once you buy the a replacement 3-V CR2032 lithium coin cell battery locally (walmart, radio shack), you might need to bring the system and the battery to a local PC repair store and have them swap out the battery or the purchased power supply. They will need the link below to the Service Manual. I would first try to change out the coin cell battery and see if it fixes the issue before buying the power supply.
Manual = http://dell.to/Oy45Ua

November 23rd, 2012 23:00

Hello, I am having the same problem I replaced the battery, the power light turned on for a second then it went out. I then replaced the power supply and the battery again and still no power, is there a fuse or surge protector after the power supply on the board that I need to change or do you have any suggestions on what to do next.

Thanks

Tlorentzjr65

4.4K Posts

May 30th, 2013 04:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                      

No Events found!