I just got my Dimension 4600C last night and so far I love it. I got it woth the DELL wireless keyboard/mouse. I'm just curious as to the expected life span of the batteries with regular use. There is nothing about it in the paperwork.
Keyboard should last a long time - I haven't changed batteries in my Logitech since I bought it wellll over a year ago. Mice, on the other hand, will use them up. I use rechargable NiMHs, get three-four weeks on a charge at best. But after a few cycles, they've paid for themselves.
When not using it, park your rodent on a white or light colored surface to allow it to go into its low power state. Dark surfaces keep it awake.
Message Edited by vmansd on 11-16-2003 04:36 PM
I'm using a Dell by Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo.
- Keyboard batteries last at least 6 months.
- Mouse batteries (2 AA alkalines) require replacement every 6 weeks like clockwork.
- Windows XP Professional SP1
- Dell 8250, Pentium IV, 2.4GHz
- 512 MB 1066 RDRAM
- ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB Video Card
- 120 GB Western Digital Internal HD
- 120 GB Maxtor 5000DV External HD
- NEC 1100-A DVD+RW Drive
- Liteon LTD 163 DVD-ROM Drive
- Iomega 250 MB Zip Drive
- Dell FP1900 Monitor
- Logitech Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
- SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Soundcard
- Altec Lansing 745 Speakers
- Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro Joystick