Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 30th, 2013 09:00

Missing DELL logo & Error Message at Start Up in DELL Precision T1650

My new DELL Precision T1650 doesn't show DELL logo at start-up sometimes. Even at the times when it displays a DELL logo - it is immediately followed by the message like " Initializing Intel boot (R) agent........." followed by the blinking cursor after then it loads OS properly.

Is my system OK ? Why is my system trying to boot from Intel Boot agent ? How can I disable that irritating "Initializing........" message while booting ? Kindly advise me so that I can have a smooth start up without any message and with DELL logo of course ! I just love to see it every time I boot. Let me tell you - this problem came after the forced shut down of the workstation. It was booting properly before.

• 

3.3K Posts

April 30th, 2013 11:00

Hi A R Tuladhar,

I recommend you to run diagnostics on the hardware components of the system. To run diagnostics press the power button and immediately tap the F12 key every two seconds. This will start the One-time boot menu. Using arrow keys select ‘Diagnostics’ and hit enter. This will run diagnostics on the hardware components of the system which may take around 5 minutes. Please reply to this post in case of any error message.

I also recommend you to reset BIOs to its defaults. Restart the system and at Dell log tap the F2 key to go BIOS screen. Press Alt + F.

Initializing Intel boot(R) agent will show up as the system is configured with the Intel chipset and it is part of system start up.
Revert for further queries.

23 Posts

May 3rd, 2013 00:00

Thank you DELL-SUJATHA K for kind response !

DELL logo was back after resetting BIOS to its defaults. Also, I ran the complete DELL Diagnostics that took about 3 hrs to complete - no error messages were shown. Please find the attached snapshot. As you said, it's normal to display the Initializing message as a part of system start up but I didn't find it in other workstation of same model (DELL Precision T1650). I don't want this message at start-up as it also delays the booting process.

Also I came to know that disabling the Integrated NIC at System Configuration in BIOS settings will solve this issue. My current Integrated NIC setting is Enabled w/PXE (pls find attached snapshot). Kindly let me know whether it works without affecting other functions. Regards. 

23 Posts

May 4th, 2013 04:00

I would like to let you know that still the problem of DELL logo persists. Sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't ! Pls suggest to fix the problem. My system has Win 8.0 pro OS.

• 

3.3K Posts

May 7th, 2013 14:00

Hi A R Tuladhar,

I am sorry for responding late. Since the Dell logo issue is not resolved, I recommend you to flash BIOS from the link below:

http://dell.to/141FRKJ

Restart the system and the issue should be resolved. Since the system is designed that way,  we will be unable to remove the chipset initializing step. In case the system is slow while starting up you may perform MS Fixit from the link below:

http://dell.to/YVx5KM

Revert with the status for further assistance.

23 Posts

May 7th, 2013 22:00

To my surprise, even after the update of BIOS, DELL Logo is not appearing !

I now suspect the cable connections related to display. So many cable connections were supplied at the time of delivery. Right now, we have been using a cable connection with USB port type for connecting a LCD monitor. Kindly suggest the right connection.

23 Posts

May 8th, 2013 04:00

Dear DELL-Sujatha K

DELL Logo reappeared with different combination of cable connection and is now showing always. I think this logo issue is no more now. But, while booting, after the display of "Initializing........." message; cursor blinks twice at the top left corner. Is it normal ? Is this also a part of booting process in Precision T1650 ? Kindly suggest.

I am really grateful for your BIOS upgrade recommendation that made my system faster ! Thank you.

A R Tuladhar

• 

3.3K Posts

May 8th, 2013 13:00

Hi A R Tuladhar,

Good to know the Dell logo issue is resolved.

Since the diagnostics passed, all the hardware components are working as designed. Blinking cursor for a second or two while booting should not be a concern as the system is booting to the desktop and working normally.  

23 Posts

May 8th, 2013 19:00

Of course, but blinking cursors are bit annoying and I wonder whether it could be a bad omen too ! Otherwise system is perfect. Thank you once again for your kind suggestions !

March 21st, 2014 03:00

Hi

I have dell optiplex 7010.. last time i updated my BIOS now my Startup Dell logo vanished :emotion-50:

how can i take it back at startup???
may be i have to restore my BIOS to previous version????

to show dell Logo???
plz kindly tell me now what should i do now ????

No Events found!