Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 13th, 2012 18:00

Missing Network Adapter Inspiron 570

Hi Folks ...

I work regularly as a volunteer for several Not-For Profits here in Topeka, and am fairly experienced with computers, but have one I can't solve.    We have an Inspiron 570 that won't connect to the internet ... There is no network adapter shown in Device Manager, and so I downloaded and installed drivers from Dell Website.   One of the installations failed ... error message says "cannot proceed since device (Network Adapter) is not available".        I suppose I could buy a USB Ethernet adapter and go from there, but can't figure where that darned Network Adapter went or where it could be or how to fix it.    Its otherwise a very good computer which this 501c3 needs badly since its one of their best computers.

Not sure how to proceed ... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Morgan

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 28th, 2015 16:00

I am having the same problem. Did a fresh install of windows 7. Now I can't go onto the internet via ethernet wire. I have a Inspirion 570 (Late 2009)

I downloaded the driver: R243167.exe & R290807.exe

Please help! Thank you

Please remove the Service Tag from your post. It's a violation of the forum's terms of use to post a Service Tag, and never share it with anyone other than Dell employees.

Did you install the chipset driver as the first driver loaded after installing Win 7? without the chipset other drivers may not install or may not work.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

July 13th, 2012 18:00

What version of Windows?

Any lights on the ethernet port when it's connected to an active network?

Reboot and press F2 before Windows starts to load to open BIOS Setup 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

and look for Integrated Peripherals Configuration. Select that option and make sure the Onboard LAN Controller is set to Enabled. Save any changes before exiting BIOS Setup.

There are 32- and 64-bit versions of the NIC driver for Vista and Wn 7, so are you using the correct version?

You may want to try reinstalling the chipset driver after booting in Safe Mode. Then reboot normally and try installing the NIC driver again. If the chipset driver is damaged, the NIC driver may not install.

2 Posts

July 13th, 2012 20:00

The Dell site selects files for this computer based on the service tag, and the drivers are definitely 64 bit ... The Onboard LAN Controller is enabled.   Trying to boot in Safe Mode ...

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

July 13th, 2012 23:00

It sounds like the onboard network adapter is disabled. Otherwise, you'd have a yellow icon in Device Manager.

3 Posts

June 1st, 2013 14:00

So i have the same issue but i have the yellow icon in device Manger..  and properties said its a (code 28)

i do not have any other programs that would interfere its a vanilla install.

i have dl. all recommend drivers, done safe mode with networking not there..

pls. need some guidance

14.4K Posts

June 1st, 2013 15:00

You did download and install THIS driver correct? Does it throw up any error message when you install it? Code 28 is driver not installed.  Also what version of windows are your running.

3 Posts

June 2nd, 2013 10:00

all fixed :D

14.4K Posts

June 2nd, 2013 11:00

Could you share what you did to fix it for the benefit of any others who might have a similar issue

1 Message

February 16th, 2015 19:00

i am having this issue and have no solution could you please help??? i would really appreciate it!!

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 18th, 2015 12:00

i am having this issue and have no solution could you please help??? i would really appreciate it!!

Without knowing PC model and version of Windows, nobody can help you...

2 Posts

March 28th, 2015 15:00

I am having the same problem. Did a fresh install of windows 7. Now I can't go onto the internet via ethernet wire. I have a Inspirion 570 (Late 2009) service tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>  . 

I downloaded the driver: R243167.exe & R290807.exe

Please help! Thank you

2 Posts

March 28th, 2015 23:00

Thank you very much, rohw!! Installed chipset driver like u said, and it connected to the Internet. Thank you!

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 29th, 2015 20:00

1 Message

August 23rd, 2015 07:00

Dear all,

I have the same issue: Dell inspiron 570 (late 2009) with windows 7.

I reinstalled windows 7 and now I get  also the code 28 problem. 

What I have tried so far:

- Checked in Bios that he was enabled

- I tried several time to instal the driver R243218 (both is safe mode as in normal mode) It worked after a few times trying

- If I try to instal the DW 1525 driver (R290807) he gives the  following message: "The adaptor is not available or has been deleted out of the system, the installation has been ended, place the card in the system and try the installation again." (literally translated the dutch error message)

- I have never opened the computer and the light of the networkcard at the back of the computer is on.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Jente

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 23rd, 2015 12:00

The Win 7, 64-bit driver for the onboard Ethernet is R243167, not the one you listed.

No Events found!