Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2009 04:00

My computer can't seem to recognize my monitor anymore

I have a Dell Inpsiron 545S, only a month old.  

Yesterday I spent two hours on the phone with Dell, to discover that the constant rebooting, was caused by a faulty memory card.  

My problem now, is that all my display settings were reset.  Now that the faulty memory has been removed, I've been trying to get my display settings and screen resolution back to the way it was, but for some reason the computer no longer recognizes my Acer X193W monitor, like it did before.  Now it tells me that I have a Generic Non-PnP Monitor.  The trouble I'm having is that it won't let me select the 1440x900 resolution that I had before.  Now I'm only given three choices of 800x600 ; 1024x768 ; 1280x720

How can I get my computer to recognize the monitor that it had no trouble detecting before..??  I've tried downloading a driver update for my Acer monitor, but when I try to update the driver, it tells me that I'm already using an up to date driver.

Help.. :emotion-7:

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

December 19th, 2009 07:00

Download and re-install driver for your video card.

1 Message

July 10th, 2015 08:00

How does one do that without the monitor hooked up to see what you are doing? I have the same problem and now my computer won't recognize the monitor.

No Events found!