Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 25th, 2009 21:00

My computer will not come on!

I have an Inspirion 530S and I was just sitting on my computer and all of a sudden it turned off. The fan kept running wide open but that was it. I see nothing on the screen and it does make the boot beep. I tried disconnecting the video card. I took out the memory sticks. And still nothing I have no idea what could be wrong. Help please!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 25th, 2009 21:00

kdog2050   

What is the reading of the power button LED, Steady Blue, Blinking Blue, Steady Amber, Blinking Amber or is it Off?

Are there any 'Beeps', if there are, check the 'Beep' codes in the following link?

The Inspiron 530s Troubleshooter is HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Have you made any hardware changes recently?

Bev.

7 Posts

August 26th, 2009 08:00

No hardware changes. It's a steady amber.

7 Posts

August 26th, 2009 08:00

No hardware changes or anything. It's a steady amber.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 26th, 2009 11:00

kdog2050   

Were there any 'Beep's?

A Solid Amber power light, indicates there may be a power problem or an internal device malfunction.

Open the case and check that all the power connectors are properly connected, by removing and plugging back into the socket and remove and installing the memory modules and graphics and PCI cards and see if there is a difference.

Bev.

7 Posts

August 26th, 2009 15:00

I removed the video card and memory. There are no beeps. I've tried everything and nothing has worked.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 26th, 2009 19:00

kdog2050

If you are comfortable working around computers, you could try the following:

Remove the power cord, hold power button in for several seconds to discharge the residue power.

Remove all the PCI cards, the video card [if applicable], memory, all peripherals, disconnect the data and power cables to all the drives, check that the front panel cable is connected to motherboard, with nothing else connected to the system, reconnect the power cable and power the system on.

If you do not get any beep codes, then it would appear that the motherboard has died.

Bev.

No Events found!