Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2008 22:00

NIC card not working

Hello,

I wasl told by Verizon tech support people that the NIC card in my Dell computer is not responding which was the reason why I cannot connect to the internet, not wireless nor with ethernet cable.

We treid to disable then enable, that did not work.  We then tried to uninstall, reboot to reinstall.  Once the computer reboots the NIC card was reinstalled.  You can see it in the hardware device manager but still don't have IP address. 

When I go into Control Panel--Network Connections.  I can see LAN showing local area connection--connected.  Intel(R) PRO/1000MT Network Connection, but when I click support, the connection status is completely blank. When I click Repair, I get the following message:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action can not be completed:  Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection.  Cannot proceed.

Can anyone help??

My computer system:

Intel OptipleX GX270

Intel Pentium 4

CPU 2.4Ghz   2.39GHz 

1.00GB Ram
Intel(R)PRO/1000MT Network

Thank you very much.

68 Posts

March 20th, 2008 22:00

Sorry, I realized I needed to post this question in Network/Internet, so I reposted it with them.  Please disregard this question.  Thank you.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 20th, 2008 23:00

No Events found!