Message Edited by shesagordie on 08-23-2005 12:16 PM
If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell
1. Get your Operating system cd.
2. REstart system and then press F12. insert the OS cd and select the cdrom drive. Press enter and press any key as soon as you see the "Press ANy key to continue" message. Wait until you get the Page wherein there are 3 options. One of these option will be to go to the Recovery console by pressing "R". Press "R" and then select the OS (usaually the first option), press the corresponding number and it will sometises ask for a password. Most of the the times you just press enter to get in.
3. Type copy x:\i386\ntldr (x is your cdrom drive). press enter and then press Y to overwite the file..
4. Afterthat, type fixboot and press enter and press Y again.
5. Lastly, type exit and press enter. This should work. If not, run diagnostics on the Harddrive and prepare for OS installation.
Hope this helps.
Message Edited by jovz on 08-28-2005 04:40 AM