Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 20th, 2013 08:00

Need help with Dell inspiron 570 new case switch wiring problem ( 4GJJT )

I have a Dell Inspiron 570 for about two years that was completely stock. All it was used for is internet and occasionally Solid-works and Auto-Cad, 
but mostly file storage. The case was damaged during a move and although it still ran perfectly with no problems whatsoever, the front was cracked 
and the side was scraped and dented. So I bought a new case (Antec Sonata Proto). I removed the guts and started changing everything out and
that's when I ran into a small problem. The main switch wiring is different and it has a reset switch and a buzzer that I have no idea what to do with 
and the connectors for the Power and front LED lights are separate unlike the stock switch/light assembly. I looked everywhere and I cant find a Pin 
Assignment for the motherboard (4GJJT) and I don't want to go by trial and error.  

The new connectors I have are like this coming from the front of the new case:

All the wires are on different connectors and I need to hook them up to what is on the Motherboard, which looks like this

The connector on the mother board looks like the square above and the numbers are corresponding with the wires on the stock 
connector from the original Dell Inspiron 570 switch/LED setup.
If anyone knows the Pin Assignments or can tell me which connectors to put where that would be a big help. 
Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

May 20th, 2013 10:00

This kind of information isn't ever forthcoming.  Dell Does not support doing this nor does it release this information.:emotion-9:

http://www.stuartconnections.com has the cables.

Cables

Dell Inspiron 570 Mini-Tower USB Audio I/O Panel 0YJ0V

Dell Inspiron 570 Mini-Tower LED Power Button JHP5X

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

May 20th, 2013 11:00

893 Posts

May 21st, 2013 10:00

Unfortunately I cannot post a picture using iPhone so here is the link to the similar post http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19501816/20344555.aspx#20344555 And here link to my picture which I made based on actual wiring match http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3514/6165.MOBO-front-panel-connector.JPG This is link to Inspiron 570 switch wire http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3514/0878.Insppiron-570-power-connector-original-picture.JPG The above shown picture is not for Inspiron 570, sorry rdunnill, I seen it before on Tomshardware, I think it for Inspiron 580 - it differs from mine and I did wire to wire match.

Edit

Came back to make it nice

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

May 21st, 2013 10:00

It's the standard Intel front panel layout, and Dell mATX offerings tend to use OEM variants of standard offerings (like the Foxconn G33).

893 Posts

May 21st, 2013 11:00

"variants" - this is exactly the problem, my picture differs from yours rdunnill by little, but this little can drive people nuts, plus if you take a close look at my original on/off switch wires you can see 1 wire running loop, I did not see this on other models, another "variant"?

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

May 21st, 2013 12:00

The XPS 7100 had this loop, too. It seems to be on the RESET pins.

893 Posts

May 24th, 2013 12:00

Another 3 days of iPhone brrr. So far it seems that this loop presents at AMD based Dells? I did not see this on almost all Inspirons I checked.

Do you know rdunnill, which Dell models were made with AMD processors?

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

May 24th, 2013 13:00

There were a few, although Dell is predominantly Intel.

Speedstep is a wealth of knowledge -- maybe he knows the list?

52 Posts

June 15th, 2013 14:00

Thanks Kisianik, I'm a bit unclear on what pins 7 and 8 are for though - can't quite make out what that says and it doesn't seem to say reset. (Nofacing..?) Also will 5 and 9 wiring be necessary? 5 and 6 are the power switch right?

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

June 15th, 2013 15:00

Another 3 days of iPhone brrr. So far it seems that this loop presents at AMD based Dells?

This loop is present on the XPS 8300 and I presume the XPS 8500. However, it need not be present for normal boot in the case of the latter.

No Events found!