Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2007 08:00

New Vista Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic (D) drivers are here!

Check them out in the driver download section - not sure why we hadn't had an announcement here though, I found them by chance. They are installed now and so far I haven't had any problems at all (previously I had the static sound and had to switch to onboard sound) I shall report back here later today to let you know how they are holding out!

Message Edited by xps710hc_UK on 03-06-2007 08:22 AM

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 6th, 2007 11:00

xps710hc_UK, All,

They only show up in the XPS 710, 410 download pages. Interesting that they do not show on the XPS 700 page.

3/5/07 X-Fi Vista driver (XPS 710, 410, 9200, R144728.EXE)

22 Posts

March 6th, 2007 12:00

@xps710hc_UK wrote:
Check them out in the driver download section - not sure why we hadn't had an announcement here though, I found them by chance. They are installed now and so far I haven't had any problems at all (previously I had the static sound and had to switch to onboard sound) I shall report back here later today to let you know how they are holding out!

Message Edited by xps710hc_UK on 03-06-2007 08:22 AM

EDIT... Ok, after using these for a few hours all worked ok... I turned the computer off before I left for lunch.. on returning I booted back up, and the static sound is back, its unusable stil.. Great :(

44 Posts

March 6th, 2007 12:00

Is Dell going to release an updated driver for the onboard sigmatel 7.1 audio which shipped with all xps machines in Feb? I understand the card is full duplex but the driver does not allow record what you hear.

22 Posts

March 6th, 2007 15:00

Back again :)

Well after reading some info on the Creative Labs boards (wouldn't want to be a mod on there lately!) it seems that the drivers that I proclaimed were NEW, weren't actually NEW with regards to any bug fixes. Apparently they are just signed drivers of what we had already....

Here is the link

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&message.id=8628&view=by_date_ascending&page=3

Im back using my onboard sound AGAIN... sigh

388 Posts

March 9th, 2007 05:00

Follow-up question.....is there any difference at all between the so called signed driver that is now on Creative's site versus the beta version that has been out there for months?  If not, I might leave well enough alone.  The odd thing for me, when I initally tried to upgrade my beta version from Creative site to the signed driver on support.dell.com......I got an error message, lost my sound all together, before I rolled things back to the beta version on Creative's site.  I have not tried Creative's so called signed driver that just posted....just the one that came out recently on Dell's site.   Again, right now, I am back to using Creative's beta version and afraid I might mess things up again if I try to change it.  Any thoughts from anyone?

388 Posts

March 9th, 2007 05:00

Does anyone happen to know if these creative sound cards will ever get full functionality in Vista as they have in WIn XP?  I understand that Microsoft has completely overhauled the manner in which Vista will handle sound.  (I'm sure that's why some of these systems today are only shipping with onboard sound). 

However, my pc is only 4 months old and I am curious if my sound card will ever really be fully supported under Vista or if this is going to mean buying new sound cards for all of us in the future once this gets worked out. 

I have sound right now (of course) under Vista but it is the bare bones with no dolby digital support, etc, etc.  Does anyone know what the plan is?  I haven't been on the Creative boards, only here at Dell.  Thanks for any input.

22 Posts

March 9th, 2007 07:00

I just tried the new drivers on the Creative site, but still the problems are here :(

Crackly sound... I'm getting a bit tired of all this now..

81 Posts

March 10th, 2007 01:00

Chris,

Would these drivers support the same card in the XPS 600?  Safe to install them?  I didn't see them on the XPS 600 download are for Vista.

Thanks

Mark

Message Edited by mpoffo on 03-09-2007 09:03 PM

7 Posts

March 14th, 2007 19:00

I just ordered The XPS 410. Is the (D) at the end of the description of the sound card  mean that I will have to download the new drivers for it when I get it?
No Events found!