Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 7th, 2008 18:00

No Audio XPS 420

I have intergrated audio and cnnot get it turned on. What am I failing to do?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 7th, 2008 21:00

What operating system?  More than "it doesn't work" is really needed for someone to assist you.  Is it just the speakers? Have you tried the headset jack to see if there is audio there?  If it works with headsets, plug them into the green speaker jack on the rear of the PC and if there is sound there, the problem is your speakers.

Have you checked the Volume Control panel, in case the master volume is turned down (off) and/or muted and the individual sound types.

157 Posts

February 8th, 2008 15:00

1. Check in the bios under integrated (or onboard) audio. Make sure it is turned on.

2. Download the latest drivers, I believe they are sigmatel located here for vista 32bit: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R157052&SystemID=DIM_PNT_9200_XPS_420&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=8907&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=209657

3. Ensure your speakers are plugged into the green port

4 Posts

August 4th, 2008 01:00

Good Day Mate.. I Have a XPS 420 Came With Vista On It.. I Reformated And Put XP on it.. Is that Link for XP also? If not u wouldnt know the XP link download would yah?

Thanks.

4 Posts

August 4th, 2008 01:00

i tryed the link and it didnt work says (This Is not the correct audio driver for this system.)

i goto Device Manager.

under the sound tab i have

*Audio Codecs

*Legacy Audio Drivers

*Legacy Video Capture Devices

*Media Control Devices

*Video Codes

thats about all i how about it..

No Events found!