Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

September 2nd, 2006 17:00

Optiplex GX620 - Won't Turn On

I was working on the computer this morning and went down the hall to get something and when I came back, the computer was off.  I tried to restart and it will not turn on.  I have unplugged everything and tried to restart with only the power cord plugged in and it will not turn on.

I tried another power cord and it did not help.  When I opened the computer up, all I see is one solid amber light on.  Is there anything I else I can do to get it working again?  Is there a fuse or something that might have blown on the computer?

What likely is the problem?

2.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2006 23:00

What is color on the power button

how about the colors of the ABCD lights on the back

823 Posts

September 3rd, 2006 02:00

I'd also try unplugging the hard drive. I've seen this on the 520/620 before. The HD is bad and the computer acts like a bad PSU.

2 Posts

September 4th, 2006 18:00

There are no lights at all on the power button.  I don't know what the ABCD lights are, but the only light I see at all that is on is a yellow light which is solid on when I open up the case.  There are no other lights on at all.

823 Posts

September 5th, 2006 00:00

On the gx620 they are 1234 lights on the front panel.

2.4K Posts

September 5th, 2006 01:00

oopsies

1 Message

September 5th, 2006 10:00

Hi there,

we have a similar problem with a GX620 (no need to start a new thread):

When you push the power button the pc will turn on (you hear the fans inside turn on) and everything seems to be fine until the power button will turn orange and the monitor does not respond at all (no signal).

On the front panel the digits 2 & 3 are lit and the pc won't boot.

Has anybody an idea what could be wrong or how to solve our problem?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by SDT53721 on 09-05-200606:54 AM

823 Posts

September 5th, 2006 13:00

I'd start with the computer documentation on the Dell website as to what the 2 and 3 lights mean.

According to the documentation it is a hard drive cable issue. Check all the cables inside the computer and retry.

Message Edited by stonent on 09-05-200609:55 AM

1 Message

August 8th, 2012 11:00

plz can you help me: power button ABCD lights on the back are orange 

1 Message

February 3rd, 2013 12:00

did anyone ever have an answer to this problem? my dell gx620 just did the same thing to me yesterday..i can't afford a new one so i would really like to fix this one any help would be great thank you

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

February 3rd, 2013 13:00

did anyone ever have an answer to this problem? my dell gx620 just did the same thing to me yesterday..i can't afford a new one so i would really like to fix this one any help would be great thank you

There is no fix for a bad power supply other than to replace it.  The internal power supply has 2 sections a linear power section that provides 5v standby current and then the rest of the unit.  The entire switching section can DIE and the standby power will still work but that is NOT an indication that the power supply is fine.

If you unplug ALL CABLES everywhere and press power until the light inside goes out then plug ONLY power cable back in does it come on?

If not the power supply is likely dead.

No Events found!