Highlighted
Saran_hunk
Copper

Power Button Problem in my Dell Inspiron 580

Hi,

I own a Dell Inspiron 580. There is a recent problem in my system. When I try to power on the system it does not on for the first attempt itself. I need to try again and again for switching on the system. Means switching on my system is like I have to try 15 times pressing the power button and it will turn on for 1 times. Please tell me how to figure out what is the problem. I have tried disconnecting  and reconnecting the power button cord from the button to the board.The LED light in the PSU does not blink it lights up as always. The LED light in the Mother board also lights up as always. I have remover the GPU and installed again still the problem is not fixed.  If its a PSU problem will it happen intermediately? Could this be the power button problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Power Button Problem in my Dell Inspiron 580

A simple way to test this would be to remove the front bezel, page 4. Then, press the button on the chassis itself. Not the button on the front of the bezel. If the inner button always works, then you know that the out button assembly is broke.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message:
Dell Monitor Service Tag number, 20 digit S/N, A0x revision
Dell PC Service Tag number

Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos
Saran_hunk
Copper

Thanks for the response Chris. But I tried that too still the behavior is the same. I need to try for more that 15 times to make a successful on. Much worried about this

0 Kudos

* Look at the back of the power supply for a black button and an LED
* Press and hold the black button in
* If the LED stays green, the power supply has passed

If it passes, then the power button cable could be defective.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message:
Dell Monitor Service Tag number, 20 digit S/N, A0x revision
Dell PC Service Tag number

Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos
Saran_hunk
Copper

There is no such button in my PSU. The LED light is also shows up green as always as I said before. If the problem is with the button. Where can I find the original part?

0 Kudos