Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2010 08:00

Precision 690 problem

Ive got a top of the line Precision 690, so its got the 1kW Power Supply and all that lot in there.

Im wanting to add a second video card, not so much for the power more to add more monitors so I got myself an nVidia NVS 285 card, its got a PCIe 1x (fanless cooler) connector so I can fit it to the free 4x PCIe slot thats in there, but when I fitted it the diagnostic LEDs flashed up an error (steady 1 & 2) which means theres a problem with the card.

So I tried fitting it to the 16x PCIe slot that my Quadro is normally fitted to just to test it and the card works in there no problems... or should I say no problems with the monitors displaying the BIOS screen, the LED lights are still on on the diag panel, but it does boot to the OS (Win7 Pro)

So now I know the card works why cant I add a second video card to my system using the 4x slot that is below the 16x slot (or any of the 4x slots really I dont mind with slot it goes it to)

I would really like to get this card working in a 4x slot because if I cant I dont see any way to get four monitors without getting an NVS 420 quad DP card)

please help!!!

No Responses!
No Events found!